Chapter 10 - Aizawa's Unsettling Thoughts

Aizawa POV

After Midoriya told us what had happened, us teachers quickly took matters into our own hands. My job was still the same but I was being more cautious than I was before. When we made the decision to bring Glitch to the school, we had installed new security cameras in each room. They also had the camouflage feature so it wouldn't stand out or distract the other people in the building. I know. She's a teenager, but she's also a villain. A despicable criminal mastermind at that.

Anyway, the security cameras showed us everything that had occurred. By the time the group of people came at the door, we were looking for Glitch on the footage. But she was nowhere to be found. Then, she suddenly popped out in front of the camera. "Hi." she said waving. "Enjoying the show?"

"You were right Eraser." Cementoss said. "She knew about the security cameras." Once we were done watching, Midnight agreed with what Glitch was saying. "She was right." Midnight said. "We let our guard down." We didn't have any more time to think about that because then the group of people preparing the Sports Festival came in. The Sports Festival was tomorrow so they were here to see that everything was going smoothly.

After all that, I went to the training room where All Might was watching Glitch. She was sitting down and reading a book. Her knees to her chest and her back to the wall. From the looks of it, All Might had actually handcuffed her hand to the leg of the bench. I guess I could understand why but actually seeing it made it look ridiculous.

I led her to her dorm once she was uncuffed from the bench and instructed her to go to sleep. That reminded me. The last time I saw her asleep, she was on the floor. I closed the door and waited for about 30 seconds. Then I opened the dorm room again.

Yep. She was on the floor. She wasn't asleep though. I honestly didn't really expect for here to be asleep 30 seconds after I had shut the door though. She turned to me and sat up. "Yeah?" she asked like I had said something. "Why are you sleeping on the floor?" I asked.

She looked and me, raised an eyebrow and pointed to the bed. "You mean, I was actually supposed to sleep on the bed?"

I nodded. "Yeah. That's what beds are for." I said.

"Oh. Ok." she responded.

"Why? Are you...not used to sleeping on beds or mattresses?" I asked.

"No." she replied casually.

"No?" I asked, trying to confirm. "So you've always been sleeping on the floor?"

"Well, I wasn't allowed to sleep in a bed when I was younger so I slept on the floor." she said. "I guess being close to a bed helped with the warmth or something. I don't remember. It just became a habit. But if I'm actually supposed to sleep in a bed then I can try to make that a habit."

I was speechless for a second. She wasn't allowed to sleep in a bed as a child? I watched as she got up from the floor and laid down on the bed's blanket cover. "You're supposed to go inside the bed." I explained. "That blanket cover that you're on goes on top of you." She went inside the bed, covering herself with the blanket.

"Is that better?" I asked. "I guess." she said. "It's kinda warm in here. I could get used to that." "Alright. Sleep well. Big day tomorrow and I don't want to be waking you up for most of the morning because of the new sleeping arrangement." "Yeah, yeah. Whatever." she said sarcastically. I closed the door.

While I was walking down the hall, for some reason my mind raced back to when I had woken up from the hospital when the USJ attack occurred.

Flashback

After the doctor had come to check up on me, I ended up thinking about how I could've done better. I was the homeroom teacher of those students! I should've been able to take initiative. Now that the students have experienced an actual villain attack so close to the beginning of the year, we'll have to train them harder. Not to mention that they have another villain being held in their classroom.

I looked out the window and saw some of the students talking with someone. I think it was a detective. I'm pretty sure I've seen him somewhere. Somebody came into my room earlier and told me that some of the students were hurt but were going to be fine. And Thirteen and All Might took quite the beating, but they're doing alright. Then I noticed a yellow colour at the side of my eye. There was a little sticky note on the little desk beside the hospital bed I was lying on. I turned my head slightly to read the note.

'Hope you feel better soon! You're the only sane teacher at this dump of a school so you better not take your sweet time recovering. I can get lonely, you know. :P

P.S. Did you know that the USJ had security cameras? I watched the whole thing! It was so cool! It's a shame that Shigaraki had to leave though...But I also caught the way you dealt with those other unexperienced imbeciles. You didn't try to capture me like that when we first met. Looks like you've been practicing. :)

- Glitch 🎶'

How was she able to sneak around without anybody hearing her? Maybe she needs more supervision. I looked at the note again. Well, at least it wasn't a card. It was different than what people were probably use to. For some reason, that brought a tiny smile to my face. Why exactly would she write this for me? I looked at the last bit of the note. I turned my head back into its previous position, took a deep breath and took a nap.

Flashback Ended

Another thing got to me as I started thinking. 'Glitch had said that she wasn't allowed to sleep in a bed when she was younger. That's the reason she slept right next to the leg of the bed. Why wasn't she allowed to sleep in a bed if the bed was right beside her? Was something going on then that nobody helped her with?'

'Wait- Why is it that I keep worrying about her? What she doesn't tell me is none of my business. 

But then again, I am the Pro hero who is supposed to watch her. I need to know what's going on. It's my responsibility whether I like it or not.

The question is: Why don't I like it? What's gotten me so worried? And then there's the fact that she didn't know what or how to deal with a fever? Why is that? Was nobody there to help teach her these things? OR is it because nobody cared if she was sick or was feeling unwell? She's still an adolescent. She still has a lot to learn.'

I stopped. 'I need to stop jumping to conclusions and get to the bottom of my distress. There must be a logical explanation for this.'

I continued walking and sighed. "You're just full of mysteries, aren't you Glitch?" I muttered.