Chapter 14 - The Sports Festival | Part 4: The Battle Tournament

(A/N: Iida in the background lol)

________________

I watch as the first match of The Battle Tournament begins. Indigo aggravates Broccoli by calling Tail an idiot for throwing away the opportunity to participate in the tournament. Of course it works and Broccoli attacks him, telling him to take back his words. But then he immediately stops moving. Like he was under control. Actually, I think that's the case. I mean, just look at those white, tranquil eyes. Aizawa and Present Mic talk a little bit about Indigo's Quirk. Indigo orders Broccoli to go out of bounds. Midoriya then turns around and starts to walk out of the arena. Oh come on. This battle can't end that quickly. Where's the fun in that?

Suddenly, I see Midoriya's fingertips twitch ever so slightly. It was barely noticeable. The Quirk then activates on his fingers by itself and breaks Indigo's spell with brute force. Nice Comeback. Indigo becomes confused by how he was able to break out of it and tries to get Broccoli to talk to him again by taunting, but he remains silent.

Indigo says that he was born with a Quirk unfit for combat and unwanted by society, telling Broccoli that a combat Quirk user like him will never understand how he feels. Oof. Trying to bring in the guilt, I see. The battle seems to turn into a Quirk-less one. You know, punches, pushing, throwing...That kind of thing.

Indigo grabs Broccoli's neck but Broccoli counters by grabbing Indigo's arm and then throws Indigo over his shoulder, slamming Indigo hard into the ground and in the process, causes Indigo's feet to go out of bounds, which ends the battle. Broccoli is declared the winner and advances to the second round. Ok. Turns out I was wrong. It wasn't that interesting. But the beginning sure was.

Disappointed, I get out of my chair. I hear Aizawa activate the device that controls my bracelet. "You better keep that." I said. "Don't worry. I intend to." Aizawa replied. I nodded and walked out, transforming into Amaya once more. I was walking down the halls when I caught sight of Todoroki.

I stared at his pure white hair. He turned to me and stared back. For a few moments, we ended up staring at each other in silence. For the first time since I arrived at U.A., I was experiencing a silence filled with both curiosity and understanding. Huh. Serene white hair with a calm grey eye staring at me on one side. A tranquil look. Then loud, red hair with a beautiful blue eye gazing back at me at the same time. A secretive look. 

This made me smile a bit. I'm curious to find out more about him. 

Todoroki blinked as soon as I smiled, as if he suddenly snapped out of a trance. 

Then just when he was about to resume walking-

"Stop." I said instantly. "Why?" He asked coldly. "Aizawa!" A booming voice approached. I've now taken an interest in him. So I'll spare him this time. 

"Mr. Endeavour, Sir! How may I help you?" I asked with a smile on my face.

Todoroki POV

Great. It's the old man. The villainess immediately changed her emotion to a cheerful one. She's a very good actress. Unfortunately, she could use that against us in the future. But why would she if she showed us what she can do so willingly? Either way, if she tries anything. I'm prepared. Right now I'm just focused on what's happening.

"Have you seen Shoto Todoroki?" He scowled. "I need to speak with him." "Oh. I'm sorry. He needs to get ready for his match for The Battle Tournament. I'm afraid you'll have to speak with him after." ...What is she doing?

"I want to speak with him now. He will be the one to win this tournament and fulfil my desires. I must talk to him." He stated. "Well, as I've just mentioned, he's preparing for his match and mustn't be disturbed. However, you may speak with him after his match! I'm sure we'd be delighted to see you!" She grinned. Something in her smile made it clear to him that she was slightly pissed off by his presence, and that the topic was closed.