Chapter 15 - The Sports Festival | Part 5: The Second Round

Ectoplasm came and took you away. Your anger disappeared as soon as it came. Soon, you and Ectoplasm were just walking down the halls. You were minding your own business when you heard Midoriya calling your name. You turned around. "Yes?" You asked, crossing your arms. 

Midoriya POV (Short)

I opened my mouth to say it but then quickly shut it again. For some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to. I caught sight of Ectoplasm and realised that I made the right decision.  "Nevermind-"  "You broke your fingers again." She randomly pointed out. Since I was caught off guard, I found myself looking away and laughing nervously at this.

"Why do you always break something when you use your Quirk?" She asked. "Do you like breaking-"  "W-What? No! Of course not!" I blurted out in defense. "I just-" 'Well, what am I supposed to say?' I thought. 'I can't just say that I don't have full control over my Quirk to her. She could use that against me. Though what is there to hide? She obviously knows anyway. Even so, I don't think that the statement should come out of my mouth even if she does know.'  I looked back at her. She blinked as a gesture that she was waiting for a response. She kind of reminded me of Todoroki-kun. "I-It's nothing!"

"Midoriya...Why do you want to become a hero?" She asked, immediately changing the subject. "Is it because you just look up to All Might and think he's cool?"  "I do admire him." I said, completely forgetting about Ectoplasm for a moment. It was silent for a few seconds. That's when she caught sight of my hand. And the scars on it. 

I could've sworn I saw her eyes widen in delight. 

I shook it off and started walking to my second-round match when I suddenly heard Glitch scoff. Which probably means someone or something that she doesn't like is approaching. I then surprisingly encounter Endeavor. 'She doesn't like Endeavour? Well, I guess that makes sense. I mean, he is a Pro Hero. Or maybe she doesn't like him for another reason like Todoroki-kun.'  

Endeavor tells me that my Quirk can rival All Might. That made me really nervous. So I tried to leave. Besides, I don't want to be anywhere near him after hearing Todoroki-kun's story. As I leave, Endeavor tells me to do my best, and to not give Todoroki-kun a disgraceful match. Before leaving, I tell him that I am not All Might and Todoroki-kun isn't him.

Your POV

Stick Legs brought me back to U.A. He was inside an empty classroom. Nothing was inside except of us two. I took this moment to look around. "I will be supervising you in here." He said.

"What's your name?" I asked. "I am Ectoplasm." He replied. Ectoplasm...Alright. I could go with that. 

"So, S-...Ectoplasm.  Why are we in a classroom?"  "This was what was requested." He answered nonchalantly. "By who?" I swear if it's the rat-

"By Nezu." He replied. 

Damn. 

(A/N: Just FYI, I got rid of what was here before so that I could get to the internships faster.)