Chapter 12 - The Sports Festival | Part 2: The Cavalry Battle

Midoriya had just come in first place with Peppermint in second and Blondie in third.  Blondie was glaring at him like he was trying to poison someone and somehow miraculously they survived.

Anyway, Midnight started to talk again. She explained that the 42 students at the top had earned the right to advance while the other students fail to. Then Midnight announces the second event of the Sports Festival: The Cavalry Battle. The top 42 students each form a team of 2-4 for this event and earn points by grabbing headbands from the other teams. The number of points each student is worth is dependent on their placement in the Obstacle Race.

Unfortunately, Little Broccoli placed 1st, and so he got an exception to the points rule and was instead worth 10 million points. Once Midnight had said that, EVERYONE glared at him. Like, leave the poor Broccoli alone. I need a battle worth seeing in the end.
I bet if they knew how many times that boy has broken his bones you wouldn't be looking at him like that.
Wait a second. I just thought of something. Are all these people Broccoli haters, too? Like, in terms of a vegetable?
Oop- 

Midnight continues by saying that the Cavalry Battle would start in 15 minutes and that the point value of each team will be the total accumulation of each of the headbands taken. Midnight says the one to wear the total point accumulated headband will be the rider. Midnight continues to explain that the headband can only be worn around the head or the neck, and that if a team crumbles or loses a headband, that team is not out of the game. Midnight also says that Quirks can be used but cannot be used for malicious aim. Midnight orders the students to begin team negotiations and have 15 minutes to team up.

The students begin teaming up. I see Broccoli is having trouble finding a team. "So sad." I said, wiping a fake tear from my eye. "Huh?" Present Mic said. "What is? Care to Share?"  "Hey, that rhymes!" I exclaimed. Just then, I saw Kirby start to walk up to Broccoli. Ugh what was her actual name again?  "I'd tell you but I can't."  I said, not realizing I answered out-loud. 

"Why is that?" Present Mic asked. "'Cause! You need to turn off the mic, Mic. And we both know you won't do that." I stated randomly. 

I caught Broccoli looking at where we were. I smiled, knowing that what I was about to do was gonna be worth it once I see his reaction. "Is there something wrong, Broccoli?" I asked, raising my voice up a little. His eyes widened. I giggled. A few other people looked confused. Broccoli immediately tensed up, quickly turned around and started to awkwardly walk away. Heh.

Kirby also seemed to be freaking out about that, along with Redhead, Pikachu and Taper, and Frog had her eyes widened. Kirby quickly gets over it though and asks Broccoli something. Probably to be on his team. Broccoli nods and says something too. I see him walk up to where Tenya Iida was, but it looks like he declined because he walked to where Todoroki, Pikachu, and Creator was instead. In the end, Broccoli was teamed up with Kirby, some pink-haired girl and Raven.

I looked over to where Blondie was. He had Redhead, Taper, and Acid on his team. The Calvary Battle starts and 3 teams charge at Team BR. (Team Broccoli) Guess he knew what was coming because soon they were...flying? Or something in those boots Gadget Girl had made mixed along with Kirby's quirk. I tuned out Present Mic's commentating and watched how Team BR dodged everyone.

My eyes wandered back to Blondie's team. (Team BL) Suddenly, his headband gets taken by another blondie. Copycat. Although his hair was combed. "Woah! It looks like Bakugo's team headband was taken away by Neito Monoma from Class 1-B!!" Present Mic yelled.

Neeto-what?
Monument or something. I don't know. 

I see this Neeto dude talking to Blondie. Of course, Blondie gets absolutely enraged. Blondie says something to the others and his hands shoot out little sparks. "Looks like Midoriya's not getting beaten my Blondie anymore- Oh-oh wait-nevermind. Spoke too soon." I said. Present Mic looks at me with a smile on his face. "You're right!! Shoto Todoroki from Class 1-A just snatched Izuku Midoriya's headband!!"