Chapter 23 || Day 7 Of The Internship Week || No Regrets

(#°Д°)

An hour?!

Well- Ig that'll keep you guys busy- 

------------------------

"(N/n)..."

"Haha (N/n) what are you doing?"

"It's great that you want to try it out but my Quirk is dangerous, (N/n). I don't want you getting hurt..."

"Heh, now you're just being stubborn."

"Your day will come, honey. I promise you. One day, you and I will escape this place together. We'll leave that horrible man behind to cry himself to sleep every single night, and I'll take you to so many places, and we'll try out as many different types of foods as you like...and I'll be with you every step of the way."

"I don't care where we go...As long as we're together, Oka-san."

"Right. As long as we're together, we can do anything."

------------------

My eyes fluttered open. 

Wow, did I feel lazy. 

I blinked and looked around the dorm room. It was raining. The soothing sound of rain falling always puts me back to sleep. 

Maybe that's why I was hearing things. 

I let out an exhale and rested my head on the comforting pillow. 

I remembered everything that happened yesterday. Including Aizawa's sudden appearance and that awkward breakdown I conjured up. 

Ugh, I'm so lame. I let all of those past memories get to my head, and because of all those insecurities I let Aizawa get to me. 

But I know Aizawa. He's not one to do things that are a waste of time. So I don't know if he's getting a kick out of watching me break down or if he's doing this to get information...

...I think he may have said something about how he's doing this for his own personal gain...so that he doesn't have to feel a certain way because of me. I don't know. I don't remember. 

I loosened the grip in my hands as I stared up at the ceiling. Lately, I've been waking up really tense. 

And not knowing where T.K is...isn't helping. 

My mother was taken away from me, Daichi was taken away from me...Shigaraki's on the verge of being taken away from me...and now the kid. 

I don't want another person taken...even if the person is kind of a brat. 

But it's not like it's his fault. I'm a brat and I practically raised the child so-

I smiled to myself. I remember when I first met him. 

He was so tiny. And adorable. 

It was just another midnight stroll around the city. Jumping from roof to roof, escaping angry fruit sellers who demanded I pay them for the food I needed to survive. 

I think I was eating a pear, and I carried some grapes in a container for the road. 

But then my ears flickered. I heard shouting. 

A LOT.....of shouting. 

Curious, I made my way over to where the noise was coming from. 

The solution was the orphanage. When I peeked through the window, I saw that old lady from before. With little kids.