Chapter 20 - Day 4 Of The Internship Week || Quirks And A Lot Of Confusion

SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD: Heartbeat - Marcus & Martinus 
Here's the song if you wanna listen to it. 👇

Dadzawa!
_________________________________________________________

"She's in there." She mumbled. 

She gestured for me to come forward and I did. I didn't want to but I did. Okay. it's official. I am officially calling this a Quirk Effect. There's no way I'd be listening to her without wanting to listen to her on purpose. 

And just before I reached where she was, I activated my own Quirk. 

The 'force' vanished instantly. Well, that explains it. It was a Quirk after all. 

I got close to the bookshelf to listen in. And she was right. There was a faint sound coming from behind the wall. I guess this is her hearing abilities at work that Mic was telling me about when they found her at the mall. 

Just then, Glitch spoke up again. "Uggghhh. Do we haaave to be here? I'm tired. We could just find that lady tomorrowww." She complained. "Shut up. I don't feel like dealing with you today." She retorted. Was she...talking to herself? 

And with that, she snapped her fingers, activating her silencing Quirk. The first voice was gone. Glitch sighed. 

...What did I just witness? 

She instantly crouched down and looked around. "Aizawa, you're supposed to be a hero. Find something that can get us in there."  "I don't take orders from you. I am a Pro Hero, which is why it is my job to look after you, a villain." I explained, preparing my capture weapon. 

She scoffed a little out of annoyance. "Believe me, I know that. But I also know what's happening in there. I know that sound all too well." I, of course, didn't fully understand what she was talking about, but something about her tone told me that she was telling the truth. 

I walked up to her and examined the small tables beside the bookshelf while she separated small groups of books. If she tries to run away, I'll be ready for her. 

Then, she made a small stunned noise. "Look." She said in barely a whisper. I turned to see her gloved hand pointing towards the floor. Her fingertips lightly traced over the wood, and that's when I noticed scrape marks on the floor at the edge of the bookshelf. 

Maybe the bookshelf slides open. Suddenly, the same group of kids that I saw came rushing around the corner. Though they immediately stopped in their tracks once they saw us. Glitch paid no attention to this. "No use. The bookshelf is somehow bolted to the wall. We can't slide it open with our bare hands." 

"Th-There's a button." One of the kids stuttered, her eyes glued to the floor. "Where?" Glitch asked. 

This is when the girl looked like she was about to burst into tears. "I don't know. Please don't hurt us! Please save him!" She sobbed. Hurt them? And save who?

"Found it." Glitch muttered. I turned my head to see that she was already back at the bookshelf, about to tilt one of the books. And when she did, the bookshelf split in two and quietly slid open. 

I looked inside to see a filthy, eerie-looking stairway. There were about 16 stairs, and the door looked old enough to kick down. Now why would someone have something like this in an orphanage? 

"I'll take it from here." She said. I kept myself from sighing. How many times to I have to repeat myself. It's--My eyes widened.

Frustrating.