SOMEWHERE NEAR THE GRANDLINE

SOMEWHERE NEAR THE GRAND LINE- My Sweet Boy -

- My Sweet Boy -

                  Nina loved these days the most. The ones spent on the shorelines, listening to the crashing waves and feeling the warmth of the sun on her fin, feeling safe enough to let her tail be seen. Especially as she laid next to Shanks, his arm looped over her protectively as they swayed slowly in the hammock. These warm days of relaxation were often after a wild night out, leaving the crew scattered along the beach nursing major hangovers. But even if they seemed unconscious, Nina knew from the past that they'd be up in an instant if anyone came close to their captain or his precious Siren.

Nina hummed her song softly, twirling the golden band around her ring finger with a grin.

"You do that a lot," Shanks observed, his head resting in the crook of Nina's neck, warm breath leaving goosebumps over her dark skin.

Nina grinned as she nestled into him, feeling his grasp upon her waist tighten to try and drag her even closer. "I don't know," she admitted. "I just never thought I would get this far. To get to the point where I don't have to just think about the Grand Line anymore and I could actually see it for myself is really incredible." She sighed, turning to plant a kiss to Shanks' tired lips. "When I left home, I don't think anyone thought I'd survive the month. Sirens are meant to live in packs after all. But, well, now look at me. As happy as ever."

Shanks had made sure he gave Nina everything she ever wanted, taken her anywhere she wished and let see the world. It sure was the adventure of a lifetime, one the Siren would cherish till her dying breath. But nothing compared to how fortunate she was that a pirate took such an interest in her and chose to love her unconditionally. Decided that her song deserved to be heard.

"I did say I'd keep you safe," Shanks remarked, making Nina roll her eyes and slap his chest. Oh, how he loved to remind her of how scared she was to leave Windmill Village.

"Shut up," she murmured, before cupping his face and resting a tender kiss to her lips. "But still, thank you."

Shanks smirked, the ten years of adventure being a perfect dream in his story.

The pirate rested his head back in the crook of Nina's neck, kissing the delicate skin and feeling her laughing as she squirmed. Her tail fin flicked happily where it hung off the hammock, the scales shimmering under the warm sun like a diamond in the rough.

"Where do you want to go next?" Shanks asked against her neck.

"Right now, I'm happy right here."

Nina's soft singing came and went again shortly after, the siren peering out over the shoreline as the only fully conscious mind capable of spotting the darkness looming around the shoreline.

Dracule Mihawk rolled his eyes at the display. "This is an unusual place for a man of your stature," he spoke harshly, sounding disgusted as he gazed around the small corner, cliffs standing high and protectively around the group so his entrance was the only possible way to get by.