THIRTY TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO- Crows -

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
- Crows -

        That damn crow was back. Cheshire turned and watched its small black silhouette fly over them, it's bold eyes staring directly at her before it disappeared back into the coming tree line. They needed to get this over and done with, quickly.

The masked girl swallowed anxiously as she watched another crow fly past, perching on a nearby tangerine tree, tweeting quietly.

"It's just a bird, Chesh," Usopp pointed out in confusion.

Cheshire nodded hesitantly. "Yeah... just a bird."

Bill the Lizard couldn't be close enough that his eyes were watching her every move. It was an impossibility that the Looking Glass was nearby, it just couldn't be real.

With a few hurried steps, Cheshire came in tow with Zoro and she quickly snagged his hand in hers, pulling it out of his pocket as she intertwining their fingers and catching the swordsman off guard. Zoro glanced at her, saw her clouded eyes and squeezed her hand, seeing the glint of warmth in the darkness of memories. He smiled slightly at the masked girl when she looked at him, her eyes bright with gratitude.

Unbeknownst to the pair, behind them, Sanji grumbled quietly to himself. "How does she pick mosshead? She deserves so much better then that dumb swordsman..." he mumbled, unaware of White Rabbit hopping by his feet.

The animal looked up at the blonde, his blood shot eyes squinted in amusement. "It's good," he commented, catching Sanji's attention. "Cheshire's always had to watch over her shoulder and be cautious of everyone and everything under the sun. To see someone look out for her and help her feel safe is really comforting." A fond smile tugged at his snout as he stared at Zoro and Cheshire's interlocked hands. However, his words did nothing to suppress both the jealousy and confusion Sanji felt.

Slowly, the group came up to the cottage, walking the small steps to the patio when the front door slammed opened. The blue haired girl marched through, rifle in hand and aimed at the Straw Hat Pirate. Zoro pulled Cheshire behind him, Usopp retreated behind Sanji and White Rabbit cowered behind the cook's legs. Luffy stood his ground once again, this time with the barrel of a weapon glaring at him.

"Turn around and leave. Now," the resident demanded, her hand wavering over the trigger.

"That's what I've been saying," Usopp agreed, mouthful of a freshly picked tangerine he snagged on the walk.

Luffy ignored his friend's constant need to fill any tense silent with some comment. "Hey, I saw you earlier. I think maybe you and I have something in common."