EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN- The Pirates Are Here -

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
- The Pirates Are Here -

       "Zoro! Zoro! Zoro!" Cheshire's cries was loud in the blanket of night, her feet no longer gently padding along the dirt as she hurried to the well. Sham and Buchi were long gone, allowing the girl's panic to slip free. She crashed into the stone well, her breathing sounding more like gasps in the eerie silence.

"Is he okay?" White Rabbit asked anxiously from where he stood near her feet.

"I... I..." Cheshire felt a snake like coil began to wrap around her neck, pressure increasing on her chest and sending her heart into an overwhelming pace. "I don't know."

The confession was spat through a harsh exhale of breath, her eyes rapidly searching the darkness of the well, a slither of moonlight managing to highlight where it ended. She saw Zoro's swords, the precious handles glinting at the light, but the sheaths they rested in were stained. Red coated the leather, a dead hand laying nearby in a pool of blood. If the damn butler hadn't killed him, Cheshire was certain the fall had to of.

But, then she heard a voice in through the storm clouds.

"Cheshire?" Zoro called out, sitting up on his forearms before he fell back down as a pounding headache ruptured his poor skull.

A gasp passed the girl's broken mouth before she could catch it. "You're alive!" she cried out, White Rabbit's foot thumping happily in the grass.

Zoro hummed a 'yeah', clutching his aching head as he struggled to his feet. His eyes gazed through the darkness, quickly picking up his swords before he caught sight of Merry's bloody corpse laying next to him.

The memories began to be uncovered with the mere sight. "The butler is Kuro," he called out to the blonde woman above. "He's the-,"

"Captain of the Black Cat Pirates," Cheshire finished through a growl, her hands clenching around the edge of the well. "That bastard! He hid so well."

"Well this is bad, this is very bad,"  White Rabbit panicked, his prior joy ceasing as instead he began to pace by Cheshire's feet. "Do you know who that guy is? They don't call him Kuro of a Hundred Plans for nothing!"

"Shut up and find a rope or something," Cheshire interjected, nudging the rabbit with her foot before she leaned over the well again. "Is there any way for you to get up here? I'm sending Rabbit for rope."

"You need to get inside," Zoro insisted, glancing around the bottom of the well before he found a rope resting on near edge. "Luffy and Nami could be in danger." He picked up the damp rope, revealing a hook to be attached to the other end, a nice curve that could latch onto one of the stones above.