TWENTY SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX- The Wrath of Wonderland -

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
- The Wrath of Wonderland -

        In a perfect little world, Cheshire was out on the water with people she trusted and not a care in the world. She didn't have a care in the world other then enjoying the adventure as it came. There was no worry that they'd be hunted or harmed. Nothing but a perfect little family of crew members who loved her.

But the world wasn't perfect.

Reality meant she was in a constant state of anxiety worrying about not just herself but her friends also. She had thought for a moment that they could be safe, that the gloom and doom that had followed her like a shadow was gone. She was healed and the gods above were rewarding her. But then Dracule Mihawk had to show his stupid face and set off a collection of dominos that led to Cheshire watching someone she came to trust suffer.

"Zoro, just stay with us, please!" she begged in a desperate whisper, stood by his head, reaching over to continue to press the bloodied towel against the gaping wound in the boy's chest. "I can't loose you too."

A part of Cheshire couldn't help but wonder that this was karma for leaving the crew she swore her allegiance to. Mad Hatter's face flashed in her mind, making her squeeze her eyes shut and resist the fearful cry that wanted to break free. The warmth of blood on her hands was starting to become all to familiar.

When he first took her onto the boat, her branding already drawn into her skin, Hatter had taken her by the shoulders and forced her to face him. His wild glare was still implanted in her mind, haunting her as she slept.

"You swear your loyalty to me, which means you will never turn your back on Wonderland, correct?"

A young Cheshire, trembling and sobbing, nodded her head, inhaling sharply as Mad Hatter reached forward and stretched the torn grin. Blood slid down the blonde's mouth, dripping off her chin and onto her white tunic, leaving permanent stains on the flimsy material.

His cackle shook the young girl to her core.

"Good, because if you did, I'll come after everything you hold dear. All right?"

Cheshire shook her head, trying to wipe the unforgettable memory from her mind. Her narrowed eyes, glistening with tears, watched as White Rabbit frantically dashed around the table they had to lay Zoro on top of. He came to a standstill near the edge, paws patted together anxiously. His foot naturally thumped against the wood bench whilst his wide eyes stared down at the cut. He looked sick to his stomach.

"Rabbit! Can you do anything?" Cheshire called through her sobs, making her friend look over to her. "Please! Do something!"