NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN- Family Heritage -

CHAPTER NINETEEN
- Family Heritage -

       With promises sealed and goodbyes said, the crew was on the sea once again. Their new and improved ship proved to be the perfect choice as it offered ample space for the group of six, enough rooms for everyone to have their own quarters and the perfect seat for Luffy to gaze out into the ocean.

White Rabbit rushed passed Cheshire's room, huffed pants passing his lips as his feet thumped up and down the lower deck. The blonde girl couldn't help but let her lips tilt ever so slightly upwards as she watched the blur of white run back and fourth before he flopped in the doorway. A snore followed shortly after.

Cheshire's attention shifted at the undeniable sound of a sword unsheathing. She glanced to Zoro and took the sword from his outstretched hand, it's handle warm in her palm. She noticed the one with the white and black handle still locked protectively by his waist, the second hung up on the bedroom's door.

"What do you actually know about fighting?" Zoro asked with a tilted head, watching as Cheshire held the sword awkwardly by her side.

She managed a shrug. "I never had to fight. I was just the thief," she admitted sheepishly, scratching at the side of her jaw nervously. "I had been small, made it easy for me to get into places the others couldn't."

Zoro held that similar look of disinterest despite the training being his idea. "He never once showed you what to do?"

Cheshire shook her head.

"No one showed you how to fight?"

Cheshire's blue eyes darkened for a moment, a memory passing through as she debated how much she should say. "Well... there was Diana," she recalled, the Duchess' perfect face flashing by in her mind for a second. She glanced at Zoro in search of recognition at the name, but as per usual, she couldn't see any emotions be allowed through. "Duchess Diana. She wasn't the best at it but she showed me a little."

"What did she show you?"

Cheshire hesitated, extending the sword with both her hands looped around the handle. She glanced at Zoro in search for some reassurance, finding a small smirk residing inside his lips. It made the blonde roll her eyes. "What?" she asked.

"Your elbows are locked straight."

"Yeah, so?"

"You're restricting your movement."

Cheshire felt a shudder run down her spine as Zoro stepped forward, pushing down on the inside of her arm to bent her elbow. She caught her bottom lip between her teeth as he readjusted her arms, loosening the tight stance.