THIRTY NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE- The Nightmare of the Cheshire Cat -

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
- The Nightmare of the Cheshire Cat -

          Sanji was becoming overwhelming.

After departing from the Conomi Islands, the group headed straight for the Grand Line under Nami's guidance as the ship's navigator. Considering she was preoccupied and had almost taken off Sanji's head when he came to praise how perfect she was, that left him with complimenting Cheshire every chance he got. And for someone as introverted as her, it was stressful.

He kept appearing out of seemingly nowhere, presenting her with a snack or drink and a passing compliment on how beautiful her smile was before he'd prance away. No one other then him commented on her broken smile, further solidifying how Cheshire felt that she truly had found the right pirate crew for her.

The only time she got a break from Sanji's obsessive stalking was when Zoro was showing her a few more sword moves. Cheshire was oblivious to the sharp glare Sanji was receiving from Zoro every time he had come to give Cheshire a new snack over the day. Sanji would see the swordsman with his hands on Cheshire's hips or shoulders helping her into a certain position and he growled lowly, eyes set ablaze with anger whilst Zoro grinned triumphantly when he stormed off.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Cheshire yelped suddenly, pulling Zoro's attention away from looking out for their flirtatious cook. She had ducked out from against his chest, covering her bleeding mouth with a hand as she searched for a towel.

Zoro glanced down to find a few drops of blood sprinkled over the back of his hand.

"Chesh, it's fine," Zoro assured as the girl grew increasingly frustrated, hand hovering over her broken grin. "Don't worry about it, it happens."

"It shouldn't though. I'm sorry, that's so gross."

Zoro took the towel from Cheshire's outstretched hand, cleaning the droplets from the back of his palm. When he glanced back at her, he found her still covering her mouth, hand trembling and eyes wide in a panic.

"It's okay," Zoro said. "Cheshire, I'm not going to do anything. Don't worry. You are safe."

She managed to lift the edges of her lips, nodding slowly as she reminded herself of that fact. "What do you think the Grand Line actually entails?" Cheshire asked, glancing up at their newly designed Jolly Roger. A skull and crossbones wearing a straw hat, one of which earned a victorious cheer from their captain when unveiled.

"What? You scared?" Zoro teased, nudging her rib with a pointed elbow.

Cheshire giggled quietly at the touch, shoving him back but failing to make him move even an inch.