THIRTY SEVEN

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN- Tough Love -

- Tough Love -

         As celebrations continued, Cheshire gradually found her way back to Coco Village. There was something about speaking to Zoro that helped ease the storm that was her conscience, but it didn't defeat the guilt of keeping her old alignment from her current captain. Nami and Zoro's reactions to her being Mad Hatter's missing Kitty as well as Luffy's lack of knowledge on Wonderland gave her some comfort, but it didn't ease the worry of removing her mask.

Zoro had assured her she looked fine, that the scars didn't nothing to diminish the fact that she was "pretty... pretty" a compliment Cheshire was holding close to her anxiety ridden heart. His incapability to meet her eye whenever he mentioned the fact he found her to be pretty despite the vivid flaws left her practically melting.

"Do you want me to stick around?" Zoro offered as they searched for Luffy amongst the crowds.

Cheshire's arm was looped with his, a small intimacy the swordsman couldn't help but deal with for the comfort of the girl next to him.

"Please do," Cheshire begged, tightening her grasp before easing it.

White Rabbit lifted his head from a bowl of cider, his nose twitching curiously as he found the pair through the crowds. His whiskers followed his nose, nervously quivering as he watched the stoic swordsman allow an ounce of intimacy to slither into his closed off heart.

A frown found it's way to his fuzzy face before Sanji effectively interrupted his train of thought. The blonde cook appeared in front of Zoro and Cheshire, dropping to a knee as he held out a smoothie to Cheshire.

The masked girl's eyes widened as he presented the drink to her, eyes practically enlarging into hearts as he grinned up at her. "For you, my dear. The Rabbit told me you favour apples over strawberries so I made sure I picked the best to make you such a delicacy."

Cheshire blinked. "Oh, uh... thanks, Sanji..." a quick glance around proved to her that Nami also had one as orange as her tangerines, the guys left without.

"Of course, my dear. Please anything you need, I'll be happy to oblige! Just call," he exclaimed with a blush, jumping back to his feet as he flashed Zoro a smug grin before bounding away.

Cheshire curiously plucked the straw from the cup, licking the end before her face scrunched up. Her reaction elected a chuckle from the swordsman beside her. "Not good?" he asked hopefully.

"Sour... he used the wrong apple, I like the red ones."

Zoro gave a short nod, making a quick note of the information whilst he also felt a sense of pride as Cheshire tipped the smoothie into a nearby garden and discarded of the cup by merely placing it on an already cluttered table.