SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN- The Pirates Are Coming -

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
- The Pirates Are Coming -

It's been a while since Cheshire found herself leant over a toilet bowl at the end of an explosive night of activities. She spent quite a few mornings like this when she was younger, with Diana sat next to her, holding back her usually already dirtied hair from getting in the way. But turns out she couldn't handle as much liquor as she could back then.

With a groan, Cheshire rolled over, laying down on the bathroom tiles with the stench stuck to her skin. Now with a clear mind, she cried out softly and rested her hands over her mouth, tears threatening to spill as the pain returned tenfold. Blood had slipped down the edges of her mouth as she threw up, trickling down her chin as if she were a vampire who just finished feasting.

Climbing to her knees she leaned up on the bathroom counter and snatched the cloth from the edge. She reluctantly watched her reflection as wet the cloth and tenderly dabbed it over her wounds, letting her tears fall as the pain doubled with a simple touch. The urge to vomit returned as she stared at her permanent grin.

As Cheshire grazed the cloth over the ripped skin, she couldn't help but feel as if Captain Hatter was driving his knife through it, testing how far he could move his blade.

Holding the cloth over her mouth, she huffed out breaths through her nose and stepped into the bedroom again, finding her clothes freshly washed and folded over the edge of the bed. A zipped up bag full of jewellery that she and Nami had raided from Kaya's wardrobe sat beside it.

Cheshire changed out of the dress and jacket, the stench of vomit glued to the fancy and expensive material. Satisfied that she had stopped the bleeding for now, she looped the mask back over her ears and left the bedroom.

White Rabbit must've been starving by now.

It took her a while, but Cheshire managed to navigate the large house, following the soft smell of the kitchen that wafted through the large hallways. A faint ting was close behind the smell, making Cheshire furrow her brows as she approached. She was expecting Buchi and Sham finishing up dishes or wrapping left overs, but instead she found Usopp sat at the middle table. A plate of chicken was in his lap and a slingshot clasped between his fingers, a half emptied jar of nuts sat next to him.

Cheshire watched silently as he pulled the sling back and fired a peanut into the pan across from him. It tinged loudly when it made direct contact in the centre of the pan, making the silverware sway.

"You're not a bad shot," Cheshire said, startling the boy from his thoughts.

He relaxed as he made eye contact with her. "Oh, it's just you."