ONE

CHAPTER ONE- Saviour Complex -

CHAPTER ONE
- Saviour Complex -

Some people know very early on that it's every creature for themselves. It was a rule you must learn when it comes to the seven seas where everyone was only seeking the highest reward for their efforts. Amongst the pirates, hunters and marines that patrolled the treacherous water laid the twisted and psychotic crew of the Mad Hatter. Inspired by the peculiar story of Alice in Wonderland, the captain had brought on the most outlandish and horrific creatures seeking a home amongst the chaotic world. He put together a crew he knew he could command, rule over, assigning them titles and roles in the story of Wonderland to bring his manic episode to fruition. And by being successful, he made a name for himself and earned a hefty bounty on his head and a rather wide target on his back.

He was a nightmare brought to real life and still brought his beloved Cheshire Cat panic attacks and paralysing fear whenever she was reminded on her stupid mistake when she was merely a child. It wasn't rare for her to be startled awake, drenched in sweat with her platinum blonde hair stuck to her ghostly paled skin.

The sun was beginning to lift over the horizon and crept into the small bunker, it's warmth tenderly hugging the woman in a tight embrace. Her mouth felt stiff as she sat up, clutching her aching jaw. The torn skin stretching from the edge of her mouth to just below her earlobe was rough and bloody.

"Here."

Glancing to her left, White Rabbit was stood beside her with his paw extended, a damp handkerchief hanging from his blunt claw. Cheshire tenderly took it with her own sharp, black nails, murmuring both a thanks and good morning to her friend.

Rabbit's nose twitched impatiently as he watched Cheshire run at her scars. He tsk'd and shook his fuzzy head, reaching over and taking the cloth from her. "No, no, no. You're doing it wrong," he insisted. "You need to do it gently. Like this."

Cheshire frowned, feeling quite pathetic considering a damn rodent was nursing her wounds. "Have you been out today?" she asked softly as White Rabbit finished cleaning the bleeding wound. He hopped off her mattress, straightening his famous blue suit as Cheshire reached over and grabbed her bundle of clothes thrown to the floor the previous night. They had been replaced by a merely oversized shirt as the girl craved immediate rest.

"Yes, yes, I have. He's still no where to be seen which has to mean something," White Rabbit offered, his small shoulder lifting in a shrug. "Perhaps hanging around the marines is a good thing."

"Yeah, until they find out we're here." Cheshire winced as she clasped her bra, the tight straps digging into her dirty and bruised skin. She managed to slide into her gear, slowly struggling through the buttons of her shirt. Her pants were loose, large tears over the knees and she looped a black belt around her slim waist. Finally she threw on a blue cloak as the final coverage.

Weeks of little to no foods left her malnourished, her skin almost sagging on her bones as her body struggled to remain standing without the proper nutrients necessary. The loose clothing choices were swaying as if she was a child playing dress up in a grown up's clothing.