⁕64⁕

I was taking a shower, while Chandini was sleeping

I was taking a shower, while Chandini was sleeping. It's been weeks since that night and we have been spending time with each other.

I have made chandini come, twenty-seven times, in the last month. And yes, I am counting. Even thinking about it every time sends my heart into a roller coaster-like frenzy.

Several video clips were discovered by the police, showing the car being stolen from Aditya's parking lot and then being driven up to an unlicensed garage after the crash. Nonetheless, the man behind this had hidden his face. I am also concerned that he might try to harm Chandini once more, but I also can't stop her from living her life.

She had not stepped outside the property in weeks.

I walked out after wrapping the towel around my hips.

"Who are you? And what are you doing?" I asked in a low voice.

A small, thin woman was fumbling with something near the bookshelves, which were directly in front of the bed. Upon hearing me speak, she leapt and let go of something, which then came rolling in my direction.

"C-cleaning."

When I glared at her, she looked at me with wide, afraid eyes. I picked up the tiny bullet-shaped object and gave it a close inspection.

"Who gave you permission to clean in this room?"

No one enters our room after being denied that day. I glanced at Chandini, who remained in her sleep. She can sleep through a speaker blasting near her ears and still won't wake up.

The woman stammers and looks at the object in my hand before saying, "M-mrs Kapoor."

I nodded in the direction of the door, and she bolted from the room. I got ready and made my way downstairs as I called the police. I summoned every servant in the main area. Mom and Papa had also shown up by the time everyone was together.

I motioned for the woman to come forward and I handed her the gadget. "What is it? Don't even consider lying, either. I'd called the cops."

Her eyes widened and she looked at me, her eyes welling up with tears.

When I told Mom and Papa what had happened, Mom denied it, saying that no one had been told to clean my room—something I already knew.

"A c-camera." She cried out and clasped her hands together. "I am sorry, sir! Don't call the police, please! I didn't want to do it! Please!"

My heart was racing, and I felt my mouth drying. I was frozen in place, sure that I had heard her right, but my parents' shocked looks validated this.

What the hell!

"Who was it? Tell me, now!" I yelled, and she jerked back.

As she talked, tears were streaming down her face. "I don't know. I was instructed to install the camera. The person threatened to hurt my K-kid if I did not follow instructions, and my mother is currently in the hospital. I was forced; I am sorry!" She shook her head.