⁕62⁕

"Oh, please, I am just heading outside for a little stroll in the garden!"

I cried out, holding the novel tightly in my hand and giving them both a fierce look. Surmeet and Jeet are their names.

They remained frozen in place, their faces stoic and their eyes fixed ahead, as if I had not just yelled. They literally ignored my presence. I shook my head before going outside, plopping on the swing in the garden.

Staying by my side, they both kept scanning the area, as if someone might suddenly leap and attack.

About two weeks have passed since that incident, and I still couldn't leave the mansion without feeling afraid. Staying inside was tedious at first, but after purchasing many new novels, my time inside has become much more enjoyable and bearable.

Cops came twice to discuss the incident and I sensed that Rudra was hiding something about the case from me. And there was still no information on the driver.

Everyone in the family is keeping an eye on me, which gives me an odd feeling. I really appreciate the concern, but not the feeling. Barkha and Rohit come over to keep me company almost every day, and Bhaiya speaks to me a couple of times a day.

And there is my hubby. I could tell he was still upset with me about the whole thing. And he had arranged a whole bunch of security outside the mansion. A few police officers were on patrol as well.

I don't like people walking after me with loaded guns.

I just don't get it; who is it? What do they want from me? Or is it the same person who was texting me? I have not gotten one in a long time, though.

Who is it?

It is not like I have enemies or anything, or that I have done no wrong at all!

I shut my book and put it down, as I cannot even focus on it so why even pretend? And apparently I was thinking too much about Dhruv's death because on asking Sumit, Rahul and Muktha. They all told me the same thing and Rahul even showed me the video that Rudra told me about.

It is true what they say—sometimes you have to believe what you see or else you will have too much to focus on in your life.

I was out in the garden, trying to relax for a bit. When a text message appeared on my phone. It was Muktha. She sent me a picture of herself and Rahul from their date. I sent back a heart emoji.

And now that I think of it, Rudra and I haven't gone on any dates in a long time. With everything going on with us already, the thought of it completely slipped my mind. Now is not too late; I can do something. But what? It is certain I cannot go out. Something indoors?

How about a movie night with lots of junk food?

Yes, this is it.

The terrace is the best place for it, and it would be romantic. It is the best I can do, considering the current situation.