⁕15⁕

The awkward air heightened when his mom and sister just kept staring at me

The awkward air heightened when his mom and sister just kept staring at me. I was embarrassed and could feel my cheeks heating up. His sister's eyes shifted away from me and towards her brother, who was still lying on the ground-on his ass.

"What the hell, darling?" he groaned.

I rushed over to him and helped him stand up. He placed his hand on his back and let out another loud groan. He gave me a blank stare and tightly pursed his lips. I looked down, nervous because of his stare.

"Uhh... Aap beth jao, please." I said it quietly, feeling bad about pushing him.
(You sit down, please.)

What if his back is broken?

While sitting, he grumbled again in pain and looked at me accusingly. His mother and sister entered the room and sat on the couch.

"What happened? What were you doing on the ground, and what is with this groaning?" his sister asked casually.

"Rudra, you can let go of her hand, you know," his mother teased.

He did not respond, and then his sister burst out laughing, startling me with her unexpected behaviour change.

What is the deal with these siblings?

"Um, what happened?" I asked in confusion.

"Oh, nothing. You tell me what happened. Did we bother you both?" She said this while wiggling her brows.

Rudra scowled at her, his lips twisted in rage. I tugged at his hand to divert his attention. He looked at me with gentle, soft eyes. He gets angry quickly, which is bad for his mental health, even though he is already insane.

It seemed to work because he closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths to calm himself. His firm grip on my hand loosened, and I drew my hand away.

"Stop asking stupid questions, Muktha," he said slowly as if speaking to a child.

Muktha's lips immediately thinned, and their mother smiled as she looked at me.

"Namaste, Aunty," I said once more, joining my hands.

"Namaste Beta, and please do not call me Aunty; instead, if you do not mind, call me Mom. Aunty makes me feel old, even though I am." She gave me a warm smile.

I muttered under my breath. "I have not said that word since my mother died." I wiped away a tear that had fallen from my eye. I never imagined myself calling someone Mom again. Her eyes became concerned when she noticed me wiping my tears.

"Hey, it is all right. If you do not want to," he said softly.

"No, I can try," I replied, smiling at them.

There was a knock, and Rudra told them to come in. Rahul entered the room and informed us that the car was ready to go whenever we wanted. His mother smiled and told him, "We will be down in minutes." He went back to work, I think.