⁕39⁕

"Oh, this is nice!" Barkha moans in delight at comfort as she plops herself on the bed

"It really is!" Rohit agrees and does the same.

I cannot help but glare at her, remembering what happened the night before. I gave her a good earful in the morning. She smiles at me, her face flushed with embarrassment, and Rohit stares at us, perplexed.

While I stand there with a smile on my face, watching them. They are here in the Kapoor mansion after their work. I decided to call them and spend some time with them; it had been a long time since we had done so. And I wanted to talk to Rohit as well. He has been texting me nonstop since I got back from my house, and he sent me the article.

Barkhs gets up and asks, "So, why did you call us?"

"I just wanted to hang out with my friends and talk." I explained, looking at both of them. She furrows her brows.

Rohit gets up as well. His brows knitted together, his nose crinkled, and he asked. "Why are you ignoring me? I have been trying to talk to you about-"

"I know what you are talking about, and you should think about it yourself, Rohit. Why would I want to tell you about something that is between me and Rudra?"

"I was concerned about you because of the manner in which he took you with him. And I am our best friend, so you can tell me it's not a big deal," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

Did he not understand what I just said?

"As my best friend, you can be concerned about me, but I do not appreciate you pestering me about the same thing and you should understand that if I am not responding, that means I do not want to explain or say anything about it," I said, getting fed up with him.

"Oh... I did not mean for you to think I was invading or anything. Okay, let us move on-tell me about the article I sent you; did you read it?"

I sighed and nodded my head in response to his question. I did not want to talk about it, but he continued. "Oh, sweetheart, how do you feel about it? You must feel terrible, right? And how can cheat on someone as beautiful and sweet as you-never took him as a cheater. I had a bad feeling about him-"

Huh? Cheating?

"Rohit, my friend, firstly, do not call me that, it's weird and second, you had a bad feeling about him?" I ask, raising my eyebrows, and he confidently nods. "Then why didn't you voice your concern about it earlier? And let me tell you something, I do not and never will care about anyone's opinion of him-you are free to think whatever you want. But do not dare call him a cheater ever again. He can be anything but that-never. And before speaking, think about who you are talking about."

His face and confidence deflated like a popped balloon, and he avoided looking me in the eyes. Barkha looked at me with wide eyes and a surprised expression, but I ignored her. I need to know what is wrong with him; he has been acting strange ever since he returned from his so-called business trip. I understand his concern for me but I will never tolerate anyone, accusing Rudra of doing something so cheap. And then there is the name he has been calling me something new and strange to me. He used to call me Birdie, but Sweetheart is a no-no.