⁕78⁕

Rudra pushed me behind him, and my body tensed up

Rudra pushed me behind him, and my body tensed up. I can feel it in my gut: the fear, the terrible feeling that something bad is going to happen. I felt Rudra take steps back, and I stumbled slightly but caught myself before falling on my butt.

My heart stopped beating when I looked beside Rudra and saw Rohit. He had his gun pointed at Rudra and was staring at him with rage. I do not believe anyone can harbour such hatred for someone. It is emitted in waves from him.

I attempted to push Rudra away, but he stood tall ahead of me.

"I am confident that we can resolve this over talk. Yeah? Lower your gun, Rohit." Rudra spoke in a slow, calm manner.

Then I heard Rohit speak. "If you move away from her, I will lower my gun."

Rudra shook his head, and his grip on my wrist became more firm. He grabs me tightly.

"Then you leave me with no choice but to shoot you." And that would solve all of my problems." Rohit replied, sounding carefree and casual, as if he murdered people daily.

A small clicking sound echoes through the room, justifying his remark, and my eyes widen.

"Rudra, please step away from me. He will pull the trigger, as he did with Nakul. Please, move." I whispered while holding his hand with my other hand. My nails dug into his skin because I did not want him to be away from me.

But I can not take the chance and trust Rohit.

Rudra cast a glance over my shoulder. "Chup chap khadi raho peeche, please!" (Just stay behind me quietly, please.)

My gaze was drawn to Rohit, who had approached us and rested his finger on the trigger. And this made my heart race furiously.

I took a deep, shaky breath and yanked my hand free of Rudra's grasp. Then I pushed him away from me with all of my strength; he stumbled a little and looked at me in shock and anger. When he moved to approach me, Rohit was already holding me at gunpoint.

Rudra froze on his spot, as did I, and my hands began to shake uncontrollably. It was unsettling to feel a gun pressed against the side of my waist while knowing you were pregnant. And the man holding me has lost his mind; he will not give it another thought before snapping and shooting me.

"Please do not! Okay! I am stepping back. Just keep the gun away from her. I cast a sideways glance at Rudra as he slowly walks away. Putting some distance between us, I feel as if I am losing everything. "Look, I am at a distance. "Please put your gun down, Rohit."

When I hear the crack in his voice, I close my eyes and sob, choked up. It was the same as the sound of my heart breaking.

My hand shook as I reached up to cover my stomach, but I paused as Rohit whispered. "I dare you to move again, Chandini, and you will be dead."