⁕11⁕

I awoke with a severe headache and looked around

I awoke with a severe headache and looked around. I was on the couch in my cabin. Rahul and the doctor were talking to each other. They approached me when they noticed I was awake.

"Well, Mr. Kapoor, good afternoon. How are you feeling right now?" the doctor asked. "I am fine, but my head hurts like someone is drilling inside it," I told him, gripping my head.

Rahul was looking at me with concern. Then the door to my cabin slammed open, and in came Sumit, panting as he ran here. I looked at him strangely; why were they so concerned?

"So, doctor, what happened?" I asked him because I could not recall anything that happened after Rahul called the doctor.

"Nothing serious happened, sir. You just passed out due to low blood pressure. When you are dehydrated, this happens. Just stay hydrated, and you will be fine." the doctor advised.

I nodded my head in understanding, but their faces were telling me otherwise. After the doctor left, Sumit and Rahul began questioning me: am I taking my medications on a regular basis, or am I taking them at all?

Which I am not, and they don't need to know.

It makes no difference whether I take them or not because the effects are the same-I still get headaches and dizziness despite taking them. So I gave up on them.

"Guys, my head hurts like hell. So just shut the fuck up!" I told them calmly, trying to keep my temper in check, and I think I'm failing.

"I am going to send you some coconut water. No arguments, Rudra," Rahul said, and they both walked away.

I called Rahul inside after I had rested for a while. "I want you to send some gifts to Chandini. They are at the reception area. Do you know where she lives?" I asked him.

"I know, but why?" he asked, his brow furrowed. "My parents are going to her house to ask for her hand in marriage," I explained.

"For whom?" he asked, and I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"Rahul, just do the work, as I told you," I yelled at the last part as he was about to say something.

He left to do the work, and I began to manage some files and emails. When there was a knock on the door, I told the person to come in, and Rahul came in with a glass of coconut water and said the work was done. I drank the water and resumed my work.

A few hours later

I received a phone call from Chandini. She must have received the gifts I sent her, and maybe she wants to thank me. Nobody can turn down the diamond necklace and earrings I sent along with a saree for her to wear tonight. I answered the phone. "hel-" but was cut off.

"Stop talking! How dare you send these things? I am going to burn them. If you don't take them back!" she said angrily. Did she not like them?

"Do not be mad, darling; all I wanted was for you to look presentable in front of my parents," I explained casually. I told her this because I wanted to see her in that saree.