⁕52⁕

"Good morning, Bhaiya," I chirped, frowning as he only nodded

I looked over at Barkha, who shrugged in confusion as well.

My words from last night continued to play in my head as I sat in my chair. Words just came out of my mouth without any intention of saying them! I told him I liked him, but it was not straightforward, and I hope he got it.

He must have.

And I saw his phone calls, but I will call him later.

"Chandini, you are not going back to Kapoor's," Bhaiya says, and I put down my fork.

"Well, luckily for you, Bhaiya, I am not going today."

"Never. You are never going back to that house or to that man," he said with finality in his tone.

Silence.

That is what happened next, and everyone at the breakfast table turned to look at him, then at me.

"But why?" I asked calmly.

However, I am terrified because I have no idea what is going on or what happened to him.

"I will not allow my sister to return to someone who has hurt her and married her out of blackmail!" He screamed as he slammed his hands against the table.

I flinched and Taara started crying and the twins took her upstairs.

"Samay, babe, calm down. Okay."

Barkha tried, but Bhaiya glared at her so coldly that she took a step away from him. "Do not speak to me! You were aware of everything and kept it from me."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I feared his rage because I had never seen him so enraged.

"I overheard you both talking yesterday. I heard everything he did to you. I never thought you would hide something this big from me. I am your brother, Chandini, and I am supposed to protect you, not the other way around."

Bhaiya approached me and came to a halt a few steps away.

"No... He... Bhaiya..." I could not say anything while looking into his enraged eyes.

He clenched his teeth and looked down at my phone, which rang. Rudra's name and our photo appeared on the screen. I quickly looked at Bhaiya as he snatched it from my grasp.

"You are going to end this ridiculous marriage with him. I did not do anything before because I was not aware of the situation, but I am now. I will protect you from him. I would lock you up if I had to." He said this while gripping my phone tightly.

"I do not need your protection. Listen to me, B-bhaiya; he is not like that anymore. There was a reason for his harsh behaviour. He has changed." I tried to reason with him, but he just shook his head.