⁕45⁕

I stood in front of the mirror and stared at my neck

I stood in front of the mirror and stared at my neck. I touched the marks and shivered, and the memories turned.

But, I sighed and hung up the call once again, and went to sit on the floor, with my legs crossed. Sitting on the cold floor brings me calmness, it is odd but works for me.

I am anxious because it has been four days since Rudra did not return home.

But when I was asleep, I felt him near me, kissing my head and saying something. Or maybe my mind is making up all of it because I miss him. I miss being near him, I miss his honey-brown eyes, staring into mine, I miss him, holding my hands, and kissing my head, lovingly.

These last days made me miss his entire being.

I think, disappearing is his hobby.

I woke up and when I called him. Rahul answered and said Rudra was in a meeting and not to worry about him.

It is getting on my nerves. I swear when I see him I will kick him.

"Uh, Chandini?"

I look towards the door and Muktha is standing with a confused look on her face.

"Why are you staring at those beautiful flowers?" she asks and sits on the floor next to me.

The roses around the room, make me miss him more.

"It's nothing. Do you need something?" I asked.

She lightly shook her head and said. "Athwa and I found our photo albums. So I came to ask if you want to come and see them with us?"

I did not want to move from my place on the floor, but then something came to my mind and I asked her.

"Do these albums have ugly photos of Rudra?"

She nodded with an evil smile on her face and that was all I needed to get up.

•*•~•*•

"Chandini, this one. Bhai hates this picture of his."

Muktha showed me a photo, where he would be around nine or ten and he was in a bright yellow frock. His hair was in pigtails and he had an ice cream cone in his hand and some of it spread over his mouth.

He looks cute.

I giggled as I snapped a photo on my phone.

There are so many pictures of him with his mother and siblings, but none with Papa. There were a few but he was a baby in them.

"Muktha? There are no photos of Papa with you guys. Why is that?"

I immediately felt bad asking it, as her hand and her body tensed up. I was about to prevent her from answering but she told Athwa to go in his room. And turned to face me.