⁕34⁕

I

I. HATE. IT.

My brain is about to explode because I can not handle all of these emotions at once.

I want to know what happened to her while she was with Aditya. The way Samay talked about it—it was concerning. I am willingly waiting for her to tell me. Just the thought of something terrible happening to her is messing with my head.

And then there is Rohit. That stupid man is getting on my nerves.

I stormed out of the room and went downstairs. My blood pressure rises when I see Chandini and Rohit sitting on the couch. His arm was slung over her shoulder. They are playing some board games, and I notice my sister and friends are glaring at him.

I cleared my throat rather loudly to get her attention. She glanced at me and cheered, "Come play with us!"

I shook my head, "I want to talk to you!" My voice was thick deep and irritated.

"Wait for just a little," she said, smiling.

I could wait however long she wanted me to.

But that hand on her shoulder is driving me insane. I took a step closer to her.

"I said I want to talk to you!"

"And I told you to wait." She locked her gaze on me and glared.

She is becoming more confident, and God help me, she is also becoming more stubborn!

I extended my hand to her and tilted my head when she raised her brows.

She sighed and hesitantly placed her hand in mine. I drew her up against me and grabbed her waist.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" I whispered into her ear and bent down, lifting her over my shoulder.

"Wha-- put me down!" She slapped my back, and I turned to face Rohit.

"I would appreciate it if you could keep your distance from my wife."

"What? Do you not trust her?" He said as he took a step closer to me.

"I trust her more than anyone else. Who I don't trust is filthy pests, like you!" I scoffed at his furious expression and made my way upstairs.

Woah...

Oooh...

Muktha and my friends scream.

"Stop moving, or I will make you," I warned her as she continued to wiggle.

she pinched my lower back and yelled. "You moron, put me down!"

I returned the favour by pinching the back of her thigh and making her stop. As I entered the room, I carefully placed her down and closed the door.

"Why would you do that?!" she exclaimed, her face flushed from being turned upside down.

"I did ask you nicely, did not I?" I raised my eyebrows, and she huffed when she could not argue any further.