⁕17⁕

When I opened my eyes, my head was clouded, and I noticed that his eyes were fixed on my lips, which were extremely close to his

When I opened my eyes, my head was clouded, and I noticed that his eyes were fixed on my lips, which were extremely close to his. I had to pause for a moment to collect my thoughts. His hand slipped from my nape and dropped to his sides as I moved away from him.

I rubbed my neck, already missing the warmth of his touch. I turned my head to the side, slowly stepping back from him. I felt like slapping myself for being distracted. When he gets close, it affects me.

My senses are beginning to fail me. This is not how I should be feeling. I turned to face Rudra, who was looking at me with heated eyes, and he kept clenching and unclenching his hands by his side. I felt hot under his gaze.

"I think we should go back to your family," I said, and I immediately walked past him.

When I met Muktha and Aunty, they had everything in order. The dresses would be ready in two days. We waited for Rudra to return, but when he did, his hands were clenched and his eyes were bloodshot. The way he walked towards me in long strides suggested that he was mad about something.

I moved forward to ask what had happened, but he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the store. His mother and sister yelled at him from behind, asking him to leave me and explain what had happened.

"What happened? You were fine a few moments ago," I said quickly, literally running beside him to keep up with his pace.

We arrived at his car, and as he opened the door, he pushed me inside. He walked around the car, sat inside, and began driving.

"What happe-" He cut me off in the middle of my sentence.

"Shut up, just shut up," he yelled, making me flinch.

"Don't shout at me! You dragged me like a toy; don't do it again! You DUMBASS!" I yelled back, raising my voice to match his and pointing my finger at him.

He stared at me with red eyes, his grip on the steering wheel tightening and turning his knuckle white. He returned his gaze to the road and continued driving without saying anything.

"Put your fucking seatbelt on," he said, keeping his eyes on the road.

"At least, you are concerned about my safety!"

I buckled my seatbelt and huffed as I folded my hand on my chest and turned my face towards the window. My thoughts were on the events of the morning and on everything that happened in the store.

What is happening? I was more worried seeing him troubled and in the store too-that I idiotically walked up to him. I should smack myself to knock some sense into me.

and I don't know, what's all with these hyper sensations whenever he is close to me? It is wrong, but it does not feel wrong, and I can't seem to stop myself.

As my forehead began to ache, I rubbed it.

We arrived at his office, and as he got out of the car, he came to my side and grabbed my arm, pulling me out. I jerked his hand and looked up into his eyes, which were once again cold and empty. I moved inside the building, taking the elevator, and he followed me.