⁕29⁕

I was startled awake by the sound of objects clinking together

I was startled awake by the sound of objects clinking together. I sat back up and rubbed my eyes.

I blinked open my eyes slightly and noticed a tall figure with broad shoulders tiptoeing around the room. Then I realised it was Rudra, who appeared to be placing rose-filled vases around the room, just as I had done before he broke them. He was trying to be quiet but failing miserably.

My attention was drawn to his muscular back and the fact that he was only wearing sweatpants, and my mouth hung open as I watched his muscles flex with every movement.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I said groggy, and he almost dropped the vase.

He turned around. "Oh, I am sorry for waking you up."

I nodded and took a look around the room. He piled roses on shelves and tables and in vases—roses everywhere. My gaze returned to him as he spoke. "I broke the ones you brought, so I thought I would replace them," he said nervously, scratching his jaw as water dripped from his hair.

I gulped, feeling my throat dry as my gaze trailed down to his chest. I shifted my gaze away from him and towards my phone, which beeped with a new message.

It is from that unknown number again, and I am debating whether I should look at it. But I decided to check anyway.

Unknown: I see you are becoming quite at ease with your husband.

I am sick of this game and I have an idea: who is behind these messages?

Me: What do you want, Aditya?

Unknown: It is past time for you to acknowledge my messages. I want you, Chandini.

Me: I think you healed up quickly from Rudra's punch; I can tell him if you need more.

"Whom are you texting?" I raised my head to see him looking at me with raised eyebrows.

I shook my head, muttering nothing, and went inside the bathroom to get ready for the day. I showered but forgot to bring clothes with me.

I creaked open the door, and the room was empty. I took a deep breath and I dashed to the closet, closing the door behind me.

When I returned, my phone lit up again with a new message.

unknown: Aren't you getting quite bold, talking back to me? And, baby, do not run around with only a towel on.

My body seemed to freeze; he was correct; Chandini from years ago would never dare to speak back to him.

Then I felt a surge of rage build up inside me, and my hands shook violently. I tossed my phone on the bed and thought, and about, How is he seeing everything that is going on inside this damn room?"

My stomach churned with a creepy feeling and I felt sick.

When I looked around the room, everything appeared to be normal. I need to find out the source. I turned off all of the lights in the room, leaving it completely dark. There must be a camera because that is the only way he can see everything. Then I carefully looked in every nook and cranny.