⁕21⁕

I found myself in front of the mirror, surrounded by two ladies, one doing my makeup and the other my hair

I found myself in front of the mirror, surrounded by two ladies, one doing my makeup and the other my hair. I still can't believe my wedding is today. I will be a married woman after today.

Muktha informed me that the wedding was in the same building as the gala and that she couldn't find a place in such a short time. Everything appears to be normal. This wedding, on the other hand, is not normal

There was a knock, and in walked my younger sister, along with Barkha and Muktha. Muktha was holding my lehnga and placing it on the bed. I was ready to put it on. I wore the lehnga with the help of Barkha.

The lehnga is red with intricate flower designs in red, and I paired it with stunning emerald jewellery. I stared at myself in the mirror, and I was looking beautiful. My hair is pulled back into a low bun with roses around it, and my makeup is simple with red lips.

"oh chandini! You are looking very beautiful! You made a great choice with this lehnga," Muktha exclaimed as I walked into the room

I returned the compliment, thanking her and smiling politely at her. She is wearing a pink sequin lehenga and looks lovely. Barkha had her gaze fixed on me and abruptly told Muktha to leave, taking Taara with her. She left with my sister, leaving me and my best friend alone.

Barkha narrowed her eyes as she approached me slowly. I was perched on the edge of the bed.

"You look stunning, Barkha," I said, widening my smile and trying to gather my thoughts. She is wearing a black saree. She kneeled in front of me without saying anything, taking my hands in hers.

"You look like an angel in this red lehenga. Red is your colour. But, Chandini, I can tell you are not happy. Anyone who looks at your face can tell," she said softly.

"I just miss my parents," I said quietly through a dry throat, sniffing loudly and wiping a tear from my eye. She quickly wiped it away with a tissue.

"Do not ruin your makeup," she said, glaring at me. Her eyes were moist and red, and her lips were twitching. More tears began to fall from my eyes.

"chandini It is fine; do not cry. They are with you in every step of your life; their blessings are with you, and you know they will always be watching over you," she said panickedly, lightly dabbing tissues, afraid of ruining my makeup.