⁕65⁕

"Hey, baby, are you ready?" I ask Rudra as I exit the closet and stand facing the mirror to fix my hair a bit

He was securing his wristwatch when his hand came to a halt in response to my question—or, more accurately, in response to the endearment. I discovered over the past few days how much Rudra pretends the endearment is inappropriate as it doesn't fit his personality. However, I am well aware that he loves it too much to just accept it.

"Yes, I am, but are you?" His gaze slides away, and I crack a smile.

"Almost. I just need to wear these."

I get my anklets from the nightstand and walk over to him. Showing him my palm, my anklets lay on them. I motion towards my feet, and he takes the anklets from me. He kneels in front of me, tapping his thigh, for me to place my feet on it.

Sitting on the bed, I place my feet over his thighs and smile at him, which he returns wholeheartedly.

"You take too much pleasure watching me kneel for you." He says, fastening the anklet and planting a quick peck on my foot's bridge.

He raises his head to meet mine, his long black lashes creating a shadow and his eyes seeming a shade darker.

"Yes, I do. It is one of my favourite sights. And it's not daily that I get to see you on your knees." I whispered as he was done with my other foot as well.

"Darling, do not underestimate me. I could spend my entire life submitting to you on my knees and I will never grow tired of it." A grin appears on his face, and his lashes flutter just like my heart.

He gets up slowly and puts his palm against my chest before gently pushing me back until my back is in contact with the plush sheets. With his face inches from my lips, he hovers above me. "And you know what my favourite sight is?" I slowly shook my head. "When you turn into a moaning mess under me."

My heart skips a beat as a breathless gasp escapes my parted lips in response to his words. A mixture of excitement and anticipation makes my stomach flip. My skin heated up and I felt a shiver go down my spine.

"Chandini..."

I liked to tick him off a little bit, so I hummed in return, even though I already know what he wanted. It's more fun that way.

"I need you. It'll be a quick one, I promise."

I whined. "My makeup would be ruined, Rudra-"

My words died in my throat as he slowly dragged his finger from my chest to my jaw, and it made my heartbeat go crazy. He leans forward, pressing his lips under my ear and leaving small kisses down my neck. My breathing became laboured, and my heart pounded in my chest as I twisted my head to allow him greater access.