⁕8⁕

"Marry me," he declared

What the hell is going on? Who does he believe he is? He said this as if I were obligated to do everything he said. Despite my racing heart from nervousness, I almost laughed at his nonsense.

He may be wealthy and handsome, but marrying him would be the worst thing in the world. Why would I want to marry him? I don't even know what this moron's name is or anything about him.

I am going to kill him!

I slapped him, and the force of my slap made his face turn right. And his eyes were no longer soft and gentle when he looked at me. He is glaring at me as if he is about to explode with fury, and I swear there is smoke coming from his ears, and his eyes are red with raw rage. My fingers had left imprints on his cheek.

"You fuck-" He did not finish his sentence, instead slipping his hand through my hair, causing it to fall, and grabbing a handful of my hair in a tight grip.

I yelped from the pain in my scalp. "Who do you think you are, slapping me again?" he asked calmly, sending chills down my spine, and I was now terrified of him.

He yanked my hair tighter, and a painful sob escaped my mouth. "You are going to regret slapping me," he said.

"I want you to marry me!" he roared.

"I would rather die than get married to your, psychotic ass!" I said, and he yanked on my hair.

"Uh-huh...Now you leave me with no choice. I believe you are aware by now that your brother works for me. Right?" When he mentioned my brother, I immediately stopped squirming in his hold.

"I will fire your brother, and I'll make sure he never gets a job. He will be jobless forever. And with the power I have, I'll make sure to ruin his life afterwards. I am sure you wouldn't want that." I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"Please! I don't want to marry you! why would I? I don't even know you or anything about you! Don't do this to my brother; he is a very good man." I said I was crying, but he only looked at me with anger.

Why is this happening to me? What have I ever done to him? Haven't I suffered enough already? It's like God is punishing me for leaving my parents to die.

"You will marry me whether you want or not because I've taken a liking to you and decided to marry you. You'll live like a queen. My Queen." He said it with this sick smile on his face.

He removed his hand from my hair and started massaging the area where he grabbed it. He is trying to cure the pain he has caused. What is he doing?

He is insane!

"Think like this: You marry me-and your brother gets to keep the job, and I'll even increase his salary. I'm sure you don't want your brother to lose his job. How will he keep your little sister, Taara, happy and safe?" he said. He said the word safe slowly as if taunting me.