⁕49⁕

I sighed as I stepped down from the bed and went over to her side

I sighed as I stepped down from the bed and went over to her side. Knowing what happened to her has made it impossible for me to go to sleep.

I cannot describe the pain I felt in my heart and bones watching her sob and tell everything.

I felt as if someone was squeezing my heart with all their might as I listened to her every word.

As my eyes became blurred with fresh tears, I clenched my fist and clenched my jaw. I stroked her hair as I watched her sleep peacefully, but her eyes were swollen from crying too much, and I could not stop my tears from falling.

I have never shed a tear for any woman, but Chandini.This woman possesses my heart and soul and It pains me to know the struggles she faced. And she was alone at that time but not anymore, now I am with her. I would fight the whole world for her, before it can reach her.

I stepped out onto the balcony, holding a glass of whisky, and took a seat on the couch.

What should I do with Aditya?

Hmm... I should shoot him. But it would be a quick death for him.

The urge to kill someone has never struck me so strongly, but if I see him, I might.

Taking his company is not enough either; it would be too easy for him. I can do it now with the click of a finger because Rohit has finally signed the documents, but the jerk took a shitload of money.

Gulping down the content of the glass before setting it aside. I went back to the room and lay down next to her. Chandini turned to face me and threw her arm and leg around me, sighing.

I tried to get some sleep as well.

•*•~•*•

After an hour, I decided not to sleep any longer and got ready for work. It had gotten close to four in the morning when I entered the building. The guard looked at me like I was from space. Given my current situation, I would consider it as well.

My clothes are creased, my hair is matted, and I have eyebags from sleeping too little.

I called Rahul as soon as the sun came up and told him to get in touch with my lawyers and team. They would be cursing me.

"What the hell is going on, bro? Not everyone wants to work this early-" Rahul said as he entered my cabin, but then he stopped looking at me.

"Then fucking quit your job and stay at home!" I gritted my teeth.

He did not seem bothered by my statement; rather, he had a bored expression on his face.

"Can you set up a meeting with the Singh company's board of directors? And sorry." I sighed and apologised.

"Dude, it is half past six in the damn morning!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "What is the matter? What happened?" he added calmly.

I rubbed my nose and closed my eyes. "C-Chandini told me what happened between Aditya and her. I do not care about anything right now, Rahul; all I want is for that fucking man to die. This time, I am ready to be called a murderer. But I am holding back because I cannot be a murderer and Chandini's h-husband at the same time!"