⁕7⁕

Chandini's pov

I got home and realised I needed a bath after such a long and strange day. After showering and changing into a tee and shorts. I was about to go to bed when I heard noises coming from Bhaiya's room. I went looking for him and found him dressed in a suit. Is he going somewhere?

"Are you going somewhere, Bhaiya?" I asked as I entered his room and stood behind him, watching him knot his tie.

"Yes, I have to attend this fundraising gala that our company hosts every two years," he replied, turning around.

"Let's do one thing; you can come with me to the gala. You are going to be alone, so why not come along? We should be having fun tonight," he said.

"No, bhaiya I'm tired; you go and enjoy."

I was walking out of his room. "I would be glad if you came with me, Chandini," Bhaiya said, and I could not say no this time. So I just nodded my head and told him to wait for me.

I dressed up in a red thin-strap dress with a slit, wore my long hair in a bun, with dangling earrings, and light eye makeup with red lips.

When I entered the hall and saw Bhaiya looking at me, he told me I was as beautiful as our mother. Hearing this, my eyes teared up at the thought of Mummy being here with us. But she was no longer with us, and all I could do was remember her.

I thanked him, and we both got into the car, with Bhaiya taking the wheel. "What is the reason for hosting this gala?" I questioned.

"Our boss does it to raise money, which he then donates. He likes to donate and believes that he must give back to the community. Same as his mother." Bhaiya explained.

His boss seems to be a decent man who cares about the public. But, Bhaiya once told me that he is a cold man who fires anyone who makes a minor mistake. The same thing I heard from Barkha and Rohit, who both work in the same industry.

Bhaiya's boss is a billionaire who owns our country's largest corporation, and I have just found out that he does something well by donating. So why is it that everyone portrays him as a rude, conceited, and cruel man?

We arrived at the gala venue, which appeared to be a mansion, and there was a red carpet with reporters everywhere. I look at Bhaiya, who understands the situation. I get nervous in crowded places, and I still have no idea how I work in a cafe.

He suggested we enter through the back door. Bhaiya then led me into a room with several large chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The walls were white with gold accents, and the room was dimly lit. I was in awe of the place. But my anxiety grew as I looked around at the crowd of well-dressed rich people.

"Chandini, please wait here. I will be right back with our drinks, so don't go anywhere." Bhaiya spoke to me as if I were a child, and I nodded as if I were.