⁕27⁕

When the door shut behind Chandini, I just sank to the floor

When the door shut behind Chandini, I just sank to the floor. I did not like it, and she will not be waiting for me anymore. She was sad; I saw her left eye twitching—it happens whenever she is upset.

Muktha told me she saw her sleeping by the dining table in the morning. Chandini waited, and what did I do?

I hid like a coward in the name of business work, and in reality, I did not have anything to do yesterday other than willow in sorrow because I could not find the courage to face her after nearly breaking down in front of her.

"Bro, get up. What exactly are you doing on the floor?" I saw Rahul's hand in front of me.

He was looking down at me with thinned lips and twisted brows, his eyes concerned for me. I just hate it when people are concerned about me.

It only makes me feel helpless.

I get up with his help, sit in my chair, and bury my face in my hands.

"Stop, Rudra, whatever nonsense is going through your head." He says it quickly as he approaches me.

"I cannot help but think that she, like her, will abandon me once she gets to know about me." My voice sounded small, and I hate it.

"What the hell, Rudra, you are comparing Chandini to her? She is not that kind of person. Get your act together. You have a beautiful wife who cares about you, despite everything you have done to her." I raised my head and met his gaze, and he smiled.

"Get ready to return home to your wife. She must be waiting for you at the party," he continued, and I nodded.

Enough of my self-pity. After getting dressed, I left the office, and I must apologise for making her wait and hurting her so many times. When I arrived at the mansion, it was beautifully decorated. I walked in, and everyone began greeting and congratulating me, and I returned their greetings with a nod.

As I continued on, I noticed some of the guests dancing, and everyone appeared to be having a good time.

But then my gaze was drawn to Chandini, who was struggling in the arms of a man. I stalked up to them and noticed Aditya clutching her waist. She was desperately squirming in his arms to get away from him.

Who invited this pitiful man?

As I walked towards them, my chest burned, and rage flowed like lava—my heart pounded furiously in my chest. When I saw tears in her eyes, my blood started to boil. She twisted her lips in disgust when he said something.

"Step away from my wife." I said calmly while clenching my fists tightly—my nails dug into my already injured hand. I controlled myself despite the fact that I wanted to smash his face and rip his hands off for touching her and even breathing near her. I just cannot do it in front of Chandini.

How can people be so unaware of their surroundings that they do not even notice her struggle?

Chandini jerked her head towards me, tears streaming down her cheeks. When she saw me, her body visibly relaxed.