𝐋𝐗𝐈 || 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Draco, why are you awake so early?" Y/n yawned as she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand and lifted her head from his bare chest to look at him.

The village of Hameau doré was laid quiet during the cold dark winter of December. People were inside of their own humble abode, perhaps some were asleep or some were awake. The snow fell from the sky an hour ago, and the village now was almost covered, almost turning it into heaven. Surely, Marigold would be happy to play around the snow as soon as the sun had risen behind the white — almost grey — clouds that covered the sky.

"I just had a lot of thinking." He said, caressing her left cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She sat up and covered her chest with a thick white blanket.

"It's cold," He wrapped the coat she removed last night from him, which was hanging on the headboard. "We should—"

"Are you trying to change the subject?" She glared.

"We should get dressed before Marigold would—"

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, it's still 4 am and it can wait. She won't wake up until 8." She rasped. "I just hate to see you being bothered by your own thoughts."

"I don't feel forgiven." He blurted while looking down at his hands on his lap, which was covered with the blanket.

He waited for her to respond, he waited for her to react something, but there was none. It was all silent. He didn't want to look at her. He fears that she might be getting mad. He fears that she might think of him as a fool and disregard this.

But he thought wrong.

"Draco..." She finally spoke. Her hand was placed on his back whilst her eyes were gazing at him. "I forgive you. I forgive you with all my heart."

"But I can't forgive myself for what I did 5 years ago." His lips started to quiver as his eyes found hers. "I left you alone without explaining anything, without telling you about my arranged marriage with her. I was so scared of my father back then and he threatened me that he'll hurt you if I didn't choose her...I didn't want to get you hurt and...and—"

"Draco..." Her voice sounded so angelic. It calmed him down from his anxiousness. "We all make mistakes sometimes. Well, we might regret it but you can still learn from it, Draco. It is what makes us better. You don't need to be so harsh on yourself." Her fingers met his chin, turning his head around to face her. "You aren't and never will be a failure, Dray."

Oh, how he missed hearing her calling her that name. Girls who liked him before would call him that and it felt disgusting, but when she called him that nickname, he felt like he was in paradise.

"Thank you, darling." He placed a kiss on her lips.

"You're always welcome, Dray." She smiled after the kiss.

"Now, we should cover ourselves with clothes before our child sees us." He chuckled.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The sun finally had risen behind the fluffy white clouds that covered all of the sky. The town was rather busy shovelling — with the help of magic, of course — in front of their houses, clearing the path for them to be able to walk without any obstacles. Draco and Y/n are among the many people, shovelling their lawn whilst Marigold plays with the snow and creates many snow angels. After they were done, they went inside to have breakfast at around 8 in the morning. Y/n cooked eggs and bacon whilst Draco was making hot chocolate and waffles. Lucky that Y/n's legs weren't wobbly due to last night's event because she had cast some sort of magic to prevent her from having wobbly legs and she even covered the hickeys on her neck with concealer and foundation.

As they finished preparing, the young couple sat down at the small round table, where Marigold was waiting.

They looked perfect, indeed. It is what Narcissa Malfoy has always wished for his dearest child — to have such a lovely family with a wife he loves, and of course, that soon-to-be wife Narcissa was referring is her.

"I forgot to ask," Draco started a conversation. "Why were you here in France?"

"Oh," She said after she had just given their child a piece of waffle. "Something happened at my first shop, and I really must tend to it."

Draco looked at her curiously, tilting his head slightly to the right, which she took as a gesture that he wanted to know what the incident at her first shop was.

"Someone implanted false information about us that we have an unhygienic place. They told one of my staff that they found a cockroach in one of their pies, which in fact isn't true at all, and now that person even brought this issue to the court and added more false information." She ranted in a calm voice. "We always make sure our kitchen is one of the many places that must be clean, and not to mention, I have created a spell that prevents any insects from coming inside my shop, especially the kitchen"

"That's awful.." He replied. "Your shop is in the muggle world, isn't it?"

"It is, why?"

"Do you need help?"

"Yes."

"What is it?" He grinned, waiting for her to reply.

"Just stay here." She chuckled. "And take care of Lottie while I'm away, preparing for the trial."

"You do know that actually isn't a "help". That is my job as a parent." He frowned.

"Well in that case, no, I do not need help, love." The corner of her lips curled up. "Though, I must thank you for asking."

Draco, however, didn't feel quite good that he didn't give her anything to help her. He hated it when she lied that she didn't need help because she knew that he was also dealing with his own matters. But Draco doesn't care. Draco always doesn't care. It's like that one of the many times when she's having a hard time and she wouldn't let him help her because she knew that Draco was having a hard time too, especially in their 6th year when Draco was trying to finish his task.

However, as he was about to tell her that he'd still help her even though she didn't want to, his eyes caught on a picnic basket on the accent table near the window. The basket was decorated with a red ribbon on its handle there were mistletoes decorated on each end of the handle. It looks like a Christmas picnic basket.

"Are you supposed to be going on a picnic today?" Draco asked.

"Picnic?" She looked at the basket behind her. "Oh, yes but it is a basket auction, a charity event for the orphans for Christmas day."

"And?"

"And whoever won the bid gets the picnic basket for lunch with..."

"You?"

"Yes, that's correct."