𝐗𝐗𝐗 || 𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"I truly cannot believe that you set me up, Mike," Y/n complained to her fiancé, Michael. "Aren't we under an unbreakable vow?"

Y/n and Michael were sitting down on the bench under the Oak tree in the Bennetts' backyard. She felt tensed about what just happened days ago and she couldn't help but feel guilty every time she looked at Draco.

"We are, Y/n." He fretted. "I didn't tell him, Blaise did, and Draco came to me just to make sure that you truly have a child. He knew Blaise was telling the truth when he found out I was under an unbreakable vow. I really don't know what to do. I'm sorry." Sincerity was woven into his voice. "I know you're mad at me right now but please understand me."

"I'm not mad, I'm just frustrated with what I did 5 years ago." She forced herself to not let a tear slip away from her eyes. "I'm such a fool."

Calling herself a fool hurt Michael and even Draco if he would only be here, but of course, Y/n still believes that Draco has no more feelings for her. She was already sure of it because he never showed any signs that she still liked her and she sensed nothing when he hugged her at the park. Her heart just felt numb because of so much heartbreak he had caused her. But her heart's numbness towards him can still be cured. Who knows when will it be? Although, what really matters to her right now is the warm affection she has towards the important people around her, especially her daughter, Marigold.

"You're not a fool, Y/n," He told. "If someone's a fool here, I would be the fool. I did not do my best to deny the fact that you have a daughter."

Y/n bit her lower lip, not showing her teeth, to stop her lips from quivering. She felt guilty when Michael blamed himself for not denying every question that Draco threw at him. She truly wished she could fix every mistake she had made in the past. If only there was a device or even a portal that could turn her back in time, she would've gone back and told her 18-year-old self to tell Draco about her pregnancy.

Well, there was indeed a device to turn her back to the past, the Time-Turner, but Hermione already gave it back to Professor McGonagall, for she got too tired when she used quite often to get to all her classes in time, especially when she took too many classes in their third year.

"Mike, you should not blame yourself." Worry was laced in her voice. Her fingers were playing with her nails. "We did what we had to do and we no longer can fix them. I think it's best to accept everything."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Draco, on the other hand, was contemplating whether to tell his father about his daughter, Marigold, that he has with Y/n. He's scared, truly, due to the fact that Mr Malfoy might get mad and not allow him to see her, or worse perhaps take her and her mother away from this place. He has the power to do what he wants and Draco can't do anything about it, for he fears his own father.

"Dear, you have been anxious ever since you woke up— No— Have you slept at all?" His mother addressed her concern about him. "Do tell me, son, what is in your mind that has been tiring you?"

"It's just..." He paused for a while, putting his lower lip inside his mouth and licking it, then he continued to speak, "It's Marigold."

His mother looked at him curiously. Concern was written in her eyes, for she never thought that Draco would be this anxious when it came to his daughter. However, Narcissa was happy that he showed how much Draco cared for his only daughter.

"Alright," Narcissa placed all her attention on his troubled son, who sat down on an armchair across from her. "What is this all about?"

"I-- I was just thinking of how I should tell father about her," He stated. "Marigold, I mean."

"Oh, you do know that you can tell him anytime when you're ready."

"But I do really need to tell him so that you could see her." He sighed.

"So you already asked her if I could see her and her daughter?" A wide grin started to form on her lips, staring at his son with liveliness in her eyes.

"No, I haven't asked her yet. I had trouble making Marigold trust me." He told his dearest mama.

"Well, it is already expected. She's a child. It is understandable, but has she already warmed up to you?" His mother questioned.

"I do not specifically know..." He played with the ring on his thumb as it gave him a flash of memory wherein Y/n was resting her back on his chest and playing with the very ring he was holding right now whilst he had his back rested on the trunk of a Willow Tree near the Black Lake. This memory has turned his lips up, and his mother took notice of this too.

"Whatever are you thinking that it has made you smile?" Narcissa snapped his son out of his thoughts.

"Nothing," He immediately replied as he cleared his throat, denying the fact that he was indeed thinking of someone.

Narcissa took this response that Draco didn't want to talk about who he was thinking. Of course, she knew that her son was thinking of her, Y/n. She could tell the difference in how Draco smiles between Y/n and his fiance, Astoria, and she couldn't deny the fact that Draco's smile looks more genuine and brighter when it comes to Y/n.

It is not that she didn't like Astoria, it is because she wanted her son to make the right choice and not suffer any consequences for the choice he made. What consequences may that be? Well, that word would be "regret". All Narcissa ever wanted for his son was to be happy.

"Well, the thing is that I did calm Marigold down from crying." He uttered, taking their conversation back to his daughter with Y/n.

"She cried? Why? What happened?" Narcissa's brows curled.

"She..." He took a deep breath. "She bumped her head on the coffee table while getting the ball under it." He told.

"What?" Narcissa's eyes widened in shock and her mouth fell into an 'O' gap, which was covered with her hand.

"I calmed her down. You need not worry." Draco said immediately for his mother not to spit out any word, telling him that he should've kept his eye on her. Well, in fact, Draco truly did. The only problem was that just in the blink of an eye, Marigold accidentally bumped her head on the coffee table.

"Did you—"

"Yes, I massaged her head with a pack of ice." He answered, knowing that it was what his mother wanted to hear. "Then for a while, she calmed down a bit until she fell asleep in my arms."

The atmosphere fell into silence, which made Draco sit awkwardly in the living whilst staring at the elegant patterned emerald carpet and playing with those silver rings on his fingers. He waited for his mother's response, but his mother seemed to be staring at him with a gleaming soft stare plastered in her eyes along with a smile.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Draco spoke as his gaze went up to his mother.

"Nothing, dearest." She smiled. "I just couldn't believe that you have become a father yourself, not to mention, your parenting skills may be lacking but you truly showed how you cared for her. You have a soft heart, dearest." She giggled in a short and low tone, showing how proud and happy she was for him for taking responsibility for Marigold even though they separated 5years ago. "So, are you going to see her later?"

Draco smiled at his mother's heartfelt compliment and replied to his dearest mama, "Yes."