𝐋𝐈 || 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

It has been 3 days or perhaps 5 ever since the kiss that night in Manor's kitchen. It is what has been occupying his precious mind for the past few days. Mrs Malfoy was even worried for him due to the reason that his mind went off somewhere every time she spoke with her son, and Mr Malfoy was curious as to what was making his son, whose grin almost reached his ears, grin like an idiot.

It was rather a rainy day this afternoon. The living room was quite a bit dark due to the grey clouds and a house-elf was lighting each candle — from the chandelier and candle holders — in the room to make it not frightening enough for the little girl. Crabbe had just arrived from Spain yesterday and visited the Malfoys the next day with Theo, Blaise, and Pansy.

Theo and Blaise were teaching Marigold to sing nursery rhymes;  Crabbe was speaking to Mrs. Malfoy to tell her of his visits after he had told his friends; and Pansy? Well, she is with Draco, discussing some matters that have made him out of his own self for the past few days — and it is also because Mrs Malfoy has told her so, especially now that...Draco was at it again, thinking about how soft Y/n's lips were and how they were so addicting to kiss. He swore to himself that it would be his last, but why does it still feel like he wanted more?

"Draco!" Draco was startled by Pansy's not-so-loud voice. "Do you even hear what I'm saying?"

"Ye— Yes, of course." He fixed himself, straightening his back and clearing his throat.

"Then what did I just say?" This question made him feel caught in an act, turning him silent and avoiding his friend's eyes. "See, you aren't listening. What I'm telling you is your mother has been worried about you and you didn't pay much attention to what she's saying. Pray tell, what has got into your dear mind?"

Draco didn't dare to give an answer. Only looking at her like a child hiding something from her.

"For Merlin's sake, Draco," She said through gritted teeth, making her frustration as silent as possible for Marigold not to hear. "I know you were thinking of her."

"Who?" Draco acted oblivious.

"I'm not naive, Draco. I know you were thinking of her." She sighed. "Now, what happened that a bare thought of her has made you look like this, and for goodness sake, she's getting married and even yo—"

"Ikissedher." He blurted, speaking so fast that Pansy wasn't able to catch up.

"Excuse me. What?" She blinked her eyes twice.

"I kissed her." He repeated, speaking normally.

Pansy couldn't utter any words. She didn't know how to react to his short statement. Indeed, there was some part in her feelings that she was happy for her friend, but there's also this feeling that this may cause them to fall apart again if someone ever finds out about this or even has seen them that night.

"I just hope you weren't seen that night, Draco." Concern was woven in her voice. "Because if someone has se—"

"Daddy! Daddy!" Marigold waddled her way to her father. "Look! Look!" Her eyes gleamed in excitement.

"What is it, darling?" He smiled, leaning down.

Then, she suddenly raised one finger, flipping him off, which caused Pansy and Draco to widen their eyes as Theo and Blaise laughed loudly at the back.

"Lottie, darling, never do that again, okay?" He said calmly.

"But why, Daddy?" Marigold curiously looked at him.

"Because that's bad and people will not like it. Do you understand?" He told and Marigold nodded in reply. Then he returned to Pansy. "Pansy, would you mind taking her to her room? I just need to speak to your husband and Theo."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The rain has finally stopped and it gave Y/n a chance to take a walk and visit her father's grave at the church, just a mile away from their cottage. She has been having sleepless nights ever since that night in the Malfoy Manor. The Kiss. It was the kiss that made her regret her action of kissing him back. They even almost — they made out in the kitchen and she was thankful enough that the loud grumble from the sky interrupted them to not going further.

She laid a bouquet of flowers down on her father's grave under an oak tree and sat down on the bench next to it. She wished her father was still here. She wished her father could have seen Marigold and Marigold could've seen her grandfather. If Mr Bennett would still be here, he would've been the greatest grandfather for her child. But cancer was the cruellest thing that ever happened and took him away from the Bennetts.

"Oh, Papa, I wished you were still here." She frowned, looking at the tombstone with Mr Bennett's name carved on it along with his date of birth and death and a statement 'A loving husband, father, and son.'

"I knew you would also be here." Y/n turned around and saw her mother, holding a bouquet of flowers. "If you would've told me you would be here, we would've come to visit your father together." She smiled, placing the bouquet down next to Y/n's and sitting down next to her. "And you bought flowers for your father too."

However, Y/n only fell silent, still staring at her father's grave. All that had happened that night just kept repeating in her head. Half of her regretted it, but half of her wanted to kiss him again. She knew it was wrong to think of wanting him, especially when he is to be married in December next year and she is to be married in May, next year too.

"Y/n, dearest, Is this about Draco?" Mrs Bennett asked, placing her hand on her back. "Is this about when you and him kissed?"

Yes, Mrs Bennett was aware of that night because Y/n was still shocked in the next two days after that night and accidentally admitted it to her mother due to her frustration and pressure of being asked by her mother why isn't she herself lately. But she couldn't blame her mother for being worried because if she were in her shoes, she would have done the same too.

"You do know you can cancel the wedding if you want to, dearest." She held her daughter's hand.

But she just shook her head in response to Mrs Bennett's statement.

"I cannot do that, Mama." Tears swelled up in her eyes. "I just can't...I must marry Michael to get rid of this." She touched her chest, referring to her feelings for Draco. "I want him, but I'm no better for him. We live in different worlds, Mama. He cannot marry me but...her."

"Oh, darling," Mrs Bennet fretted. "But your decisions may hurt you. I hate to see you like this. Your father hates to see you like this."

"I have decided to get married somewhere far from here, Mama..."