𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 || 𝐂𝐨-𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

It was very unexpected for Mr Malfoy to allow Draco to see his child, who he has with Y/n. Though, Mr Malfoy was still bitter about it since his granddaughter's blood has already been stained with muggle-born blood due to having half-blood grandparents from her mother's side. He, however, gave him a condition to allow him to see the child and that is to never go back to Y/n, to never have feelings for her, to never set those loving eyes whenever he sees her.

He may have not agreed to his conditions but he has no other way since he has no hopes for her and he couldn't claim her anymore due to her blood status. He, himself, became the slave of his own father, following his orders to make him proud, to let the world see that they are preserving the purity of wizard blood. Blaise would sometimes call him a "fool" for not following what he wanted.

Draco has been waiting for a response in front of the door of the Bennetts' Cottage since he arrived two minutes ago. He already wrote a letter to her, telling her that he already told Astoria about their child and that his father also found out about her when he and his mother was having a conversation about telling his father about Marigold. He wanted to meet her to fix things up for the child so that he could make up for his absence ever since Marigold was still in her mother's womb.

Then the door opened, revealing a little girl in front of him.

"PAPA!" She exclaimed. Her eyes gleamed with joy and jumped with her arms up in the air, wanting to hug her father.

"Hello, Lottie." He carried her into her arms whilst Y/n came downstairs, smiling as she gazed upon them.

"She has been excited to see you since she woke up." She chuckled. "She couldn't even stop asking me if you are there yet or are you almost here. But oh, please do come in, it's cold outside besides, autumn is approaching."

Ah yes, autumn. It was already Fall season and almost Winter. Winter has been Marigold's favourite season, for it is a time there will be presents and a lot of baked goods from her mother. Last year, when they were still in France, Marigold even tried to catch Santa Claus by trying to stay awake until Midnight but she failed and slept at 8:30 in the evening.

Draco went inside the cottage, still holding Marigold in his arms as Y/n led him to the living room.

"Why don't you take a seat while I get you some tea?" She gestured her hand to the couch whilst Draco sat their daughter down first before sitting next to her. "I'll be back in a mere moment."

"Papa?" The little girl called, which made Draco, whose eyes were following Y/n as she went to the kitchen, turn his gaze down to the young girl.

"Yes, Lottie," He smiled.

"Why are the two people in fairytale movies getting married and having children while you and Mama are not?" She asked out of curiosity. "Why are you and Mama not married?"

Draco felt speechless. He never thought that his own child would ask such a difficult question to answer, for he fears that it may hurt her or she wouldn't understand. She knew that Y/n placed her in a colourful world like how her parents raised her, unlike him, who only lived with his mother's love. Though he does believe that his father loves him. He just wanted everything to be perfect, which resulted in some actions where he thought that everything he does is an act of love for his son. Thus, his father does love him but just doesn't know how to express it.

He took a deep breath and replied, "You're mother and I indeed had been together. But we were still young back then..." He smiled, reminiscing the memories that he and Y/n had once shared. "And things became complicated when as we both grew."

"Complicated?"

"You'll understand when you grow up." He assured her.

Y/n then came in with a tray of tea, an orange juice for Marigold, and biscuits, then she sat down on the armchair and filled each of the teacups with jasmine tea, her favourite tea, and Draco still does remember how his mother always serve her jasmine tea whenever he brought her to the manor.

"So," She spoke. "Shall we discuss how we'll both become co-parents for her? Tell me what you have in mind, and surely, I do hope I shall understand."

Draco cleared his throat and spoke too, "Might I suggest letting her stay with me for about a week or do you have any suggestion on how many weeks she could stay?"

"Hmm," She pressed her back on the backrest of the armchair, pursing her lips as she bit the bottom. "Two weeks, I suppose. You deserve to spend more time with her to make up for your absence..." She told. "Which was my fault..." Guilt was woven into her voice.

Seeing her feel guilty just hurts him. He didn't want her to feel that way because he was the one who caused her to hide the child away from him. She hid their child because he broke her heart.

"You need not feel guilty." He assured her. "I very much feel guilty, the same as you are, but what we're doing is for her." He smiled.

"You're right." She sighed, smilingly. "All that matters is she could spend the time with you."

Although what Draco didn't know is that she heard what he told Marigold, and hearing him say that their relationship before became complicated as they grew pierced into her heart but she knew she should keep it hidden, for everything she felt towards the blond man, the father of her child, should not be shown and should not be expressed even in the smallest detail.