𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈 || "𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐚"

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Papa!" Marigold ran to his father with her arms spread wide after Y/n had just opened the door for him.

Y/n was taken by surprise. She did not expect Marigold to call him papa so suddenly when they just only started spending time together yesterday. It was unusual to some, but Marigold must have grown to like him yesterday since Draco stayed with her 'till she sleeps.

Draco placed his hands under his daughter's underarms and carried her into his arms. He didn't expect it either that Marigold would call him papa all so suddenly, but he was genuinely relieved that he won't have any struggles to make the young girl like him or see him as her father. He feels light weighted when he heard her call him papa.

"Oh, Draco," Mrs Bennet came downstairs carrying her handbag and slipping the coat in her arms before she leaves for work. "It has been a while since I last saw you." She gave the young man a warm welcome smile. "My, my, you have grown. Why don't you come inside and make yourself at home?"

This was the first time Draco saw Mrs Bennett in years. He thought she would be mad at him for breaking her daughter's heart — which she still does but just in the slightest way than before — and leaving her for no reason, but what could she do when her granddaughter needed her father?

"Best if I should be going." Mrs Bennett told. "Goodbye, dearests." She gave a quick peck of a kiss on her daughter's and granddaughter's cheek, then she looked at Draco giving a nod and a smile as she left.

Silence fell through them after Mrs Bennett left. The sun rays peeked through the window in the living room making the toys shine, the clock ticking in the dining room, and the broom sweeping the dust by itself. Both of them doesn't know how to start a conversation. The tension between them just felt awkward that it made Y/n want this silence to end by him, but he didn't, Marigold did.

"Mommy, papa, can you play with me?" She looked at the two.

Although, Y/n only smiled and placed strands of her daughter's hair behind her ear, which Draco look at her and made his heart thump weirdly.

"I'm sorry, Lottie. I'll play with you next time. Your uncle Michael will be here any moment." She told.

"Michael?" His voice made her look up into his eyes.

"Yeah," A soft smile appeared on her lips, which Draco wished was for him but it was for his cousin, Michael.

He couldn't deny that Michael is a great guy and such a gentleman. He felt insecure about it and made him feel or even think that Y/n shouldn't stay with any man like himself. She should stay with someone like Michael, someone who would value her as if she's the rarest gem in the world.