𝐗𝐕 || 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

A/N: Hi! I'm sorry I wasn't able to publish a new chapter yesterday and I just got home today from vacation. I hope you guys understand. Thank You!!!

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The sun came out from its hiding after the rain earlier this morning. The sun was shooting rays on the ground, the birds were chirping whilst flying up in the air, and Marigold was now wearing her rain boots and jumping on a puddle in their backyard. She didn't care that her dress was getting splashed by the mud, nor didn't care if her mother would get worried.

Marigold snuck out earlier and wore her yellow rain boots so that she could play outside in the wet field. She asked her mother if she could go play outside but of course, her mother refused, for she might get sick. However, Y/n doesn't know that her daughter was outside, playing with the muddy puddles.

"Marigold!" Y/n gasped upon seeing her daughter jumping up and down on a muddy puddle. "I have been looking everywhere for you." She ran to her child, worried. "You just got dressed."

"But I like to play, mommy." Marigold stopped jumping as a sweet giggle escaped her lips.

"Then I'll get worried if you got sick." She carried her daughter out of the puddle and sat her around her hips.

She did not care that she'll get mud on her clothes. All she cares about is her daughter's safety. That's a mother's love for her, she doesn't care if she gets muddy, sick, or even get injured...as long as she knows by heart that her daughter is safe.

"Let's get you dressed before we go visit your nonna at the café." She smiled.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The bell above the door rang as Y/n entered the café whilst holding her daughter's hand and was greeted by the staff who were at the cashier's station.

Y/n kneeled to speak to her daughter and smiled, "Why don't you go see nonna in the kitchen? I'll just need to check something at the cashier, alright?"

Marigold nodded in reply with a wide smile on her lips.

"Ok," Y/n smiled too. "I'll be there after I'm done, alright?"

"Yes, mommy."

She gave her daughter a kiss on the forehead before Marigold ran inside the kitchen to look for her grandmother. She then stood up from the floor and walked over to the cashier station to check how much they have earned this week. 

Although, what Y/n didn't know was that......Draco witnessed her giving a kiss on Marigold's forehead. He had seen it through the café's window shop. Now, it just made Draco more suspicious about the relationship between her and the child. So, he went inside the café to speak to her.

"Good afternoon, sir. What can we do for you today?" The cashier greeted Draco.

Y/n lifted her head upon hearing the cashier's voice and saw Draco standing in front of the door, which made her smile drop. She really doesn't want to speak to him today, especially when Marigold is in the kitchen. She could come out in time that she wouldn't expect.

Draco walked closer to them and spoke, "I'm here to check up on the designs for the wedding cake. I was told to be here today."

"Today?" Y/n looked at him with questioning eyes.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you about it, miss. He was here last week to speak with you about the cake, but since you were not here, I told him to come back on this day. I'm sorry, miss." The Cashier explained.

"It's alright." She smiled, then looked back at Draco. "Can you take a seat there, sir, and wait for me?" She beckoned her hand to the empty table at the corner since it was the only seat available.

Oh, how Draco never wanted to hear her call him 'sir' and how he never wanted her to speak formalities with him. Well, he couldn't do anything since she was at work and the fact that she was not his anymore.

Draco made his way to the empty table at the corner whilst Y/n went back to the kitchen to get a notebook and pen at the kitchen office nook, and of course, to warn her mother to never let Marigold go outside, for Draco might know the truth. However, she didn't know that Draco saw her giving a kiss on the little's girl's forehead, and Draco was going to ask her about that.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting," She spoke, taking a seat across from him and placing her notebook and pen on the table, and also the book that contains the designs of cake that Draco could choose.

Draco cleared his throat, a bit nervous to ask her the question he wanted to ask, and spoke, "May I ask about something?"

"Sure, you may." She replied whilst flipping the pages of the book that contains various designs of cakes. "As long as it's about the cake."

"Oh," He sounded rather a bit disappointed, but he knew that he has to ask about the young girl. He truly wanted to know. "It wasn't about the cake actually..."

"It's about what Blaise told me the other day and what I have seen."

"You have seen?" She asked, and deep inside she was nervous and is now thinking of the best lie to throw at him. It is a good thing that she's using Occlumency to protect her thoughts from Draco. Well, in fact, Draco was indeed trying to read her thoughts, but he couldn't seem to read them, and he knew that Y/n hasn't mastered Occlumency. However, the thing is he didn't know that she already had, thanks to her dear friend, Hermione Granger.

"Yes," Draco replied. "Just today, outside that very window." He pointed at the window shop.

"Oh," Y/n looked away from his gaze, staring back at the book of cake designs. "And what have you seen?" She asked as he gazed back at him.

"Why are you kissing Charlotte's forehead?"

Y/n was surprised at the fact that Draco knew her daughter's name, and this made her even more nervous that it made her palms sweat.

"How'd you know her name?" She asked, clearing her throat.

"Michael told me." He replied. "Charlotte Willow is her name, is it not?"

She felt quite relieved that Michael only gave Charlotte's second name and a fake surname to Draco. She really thought that she'll be caught this time in front of her many customers.

"Yes, it is." She answered, pushing the book of cake designs to him. "I think we should talk about your-"

"Then why did she call you as if you are her mother?" Draco blurted. Although his voice was only and only theirs to hear. "And why is she always with you?"

"You have a lot of questions, sir." She uttered, her expression turned cold that it hurt Draco. "Is it not clear that I'm very fond of her? Is it not clear that I see her as my daughter too? I think I believe that Michael has told you that she's my godchild."

Draco was about to speak but Y/n preceded him with her words.

"And I did not think that you are here to ask personal questions. You should know how to limit your questions, sir."

He sighed, tilting his head down whilst staring at his hands that were resting on his lap. He really didn't want to make her mad. He doesn't want to see her angry at him because it hurts him.

"Sorry..." He apologized.

A heavy breath escaped her lips, opening the notebook in front of her and taking the lid off of the pen.

"We should start so that we could finish early." She uttered coldly. "I still need something to do after this."