𝐋𝐕 || 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝?

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

It was crowded outside when they burst out of the cafe upon hearing from Mrs Bennett that Marigold had gone missing. It turns out that one of the staff had forgotten to close the front door, and that is why they never noticed her going outside, especially when Draco and she were arguing.

The pathway was filled with tall wizards and witches, carrying whatever they had bought in preparation for Christmas Eve. It will not be easy enough to find their child in the crowd, and Y/n is already in distress and is on the verge of crying as if her breath has stopped. She doesn't know where she could be, she doesn't know if she'll ever find her here in this crowded place. It was like her life had crumbled apart.

They have brought most of her employees from the cafe with her to find Marigold. She didn't care if it'll take them hours or days. She didn't care if she got exhausted. All she cared about was finally holding her child in her arms, knowing that she was alive and safe.

She even assigned each one of them to search in alleyways or shops, hoping that one of them could find her, and if one of them did, a simple small pink firework that can be seen around Diagon Alley must appear above the sky.

As Y/n was about to go, parting ways from them, Draco held her by the arms and looked at her in the eyes. Her eyes were gleaming from the tears swelling up in her eyes. He knew she couldn't bear losing her child. She couldn't bear it if something happened to her and she would blame herself entirely for being a careless mother, and he didn't want that because...he still loves her. But he was scared to tell her because he knew very well that if confessed, she would get into a scandal she didn't want, that is why she made an agreement to never be so close as before when he found out that he had a child with her.

"Draco, stop wast—"

"I cannot let you go in a state like that." He uttered, concerned about her well-being.

"We cannot be seen together."

"But you're not okay."

"I am well and I do not want us to—"

"I do not care!" He blurted, grabbing her in her arms, which caused her to stare at him in shock but she was still sniffling. "I'm sorry I shouted." He sighed, pulling her closer to embrace her. "But look, I can't just let you go alone crying while searching for her, and I assure you that we'll be able to find her before the sunset."

He didn't want her to find their child alone because he knew that every time she cried, she became weak and couldn't walk properly. He remembered when she found him in the abandoned bathroom with bleeding scratch marks on his forearm, where the dark mark lies. She had become weak from crying as she stared at his wounds. He too remembered when he broke her heart. He could see how she hardly stood up from the bench and walked away. Oh, how he wished he could turn back in time and mend everything.

"We should check at Fortescue's Shop. We might be able to find her there looking at the ice creams." He wiped the tears off her cheek, despite knowing they were in public.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Store to store and to store but they couldn't seem to find the little girl somewhere. Y/n was already having some thoughts that someone might have taken her or lured her, but she was still certain that the little girl might be somewhere, especially since she doesn't engage with strangers.

It was almost sunset, and Draco and Y/n never stopped searching for her, along with her employees.

The more time passed, the more worried she was. She couldn't think straight anymore or feel how tired her feet were, and Draco was worried for her.

They had just gotten back to the café, hoping that someone had found her and had brought her here. But to her surprise, her expectations were the opposite.

"Why don't you wait here and rest? I'll be the one looking for her." Draco stated but Y/n shook her head, refusing to rest until she found her child. "Y/n, please. You're not okay. You won't be able to find her when you're weak."

"Dearest, you need not worry, Draco will find her. Just take a rest, alright?" Mrs Bennett assured whilst caressing her daughter's back.

"I cannot rest knowing that my child is missing!" She raged. 

Then she froze, making Draco and Mrs Bennet confused yet concerned about her sudden shift of emotion. They both thought that something might have happened to her. Draco was even thinking of taking her to St Mungo's just in case something went wrong. But suddenly, she spoke, "I think I know where she is." Then she hurriedly went outside, with Draco following behind her.

They went through the crowded pathway and Draco was trying to catch up with her, trying to hold her by the wrist so he could speak to her about Marigold's whereabouts. Indeed, he wasn't sure where Y/n was heading. All he knew was they were going straight, and straight, and straight until they reached an Antique Shop.

The Antique Shop's window was painted navy blue and there were old but beautiful displays displayed on the window to attract customers. One of the displays is a Musical Carousel, which happens to be what Marigold has been looking at every time they pass by the store. Y/n knew she wanted it even though she never told her, but she truly planned on buying it as her Christmas present for her child.

"She's here, isn't she?" Draco asked.

Y/n nodded in response as she entered the shop, followed by Draco, and as they entered, they spotted a little blonde girl, with a red ribbon tied to her hair, sitting beside the sofa while looking at the Carousel she wanted.

"Lottie," Y/n called, which made Marigold turn her head.

"Mommy!" She stood up, ran to her, and hugged her tightly as her dearest mama kneeled down to meet her little girl's embrace.

"Why on earth did you run away?" Y/n sobbed, caressing Marigold's back as she carried her and stood up.

"You had us all worried for you, Lottie." Draco caressed their little girl's head whilst his other hand was placed on Y/n's shoulder.

"I don't like you fighting," Marigold stated, which made Y/n look at Draco with worried eyes.

"We're sorry, Lottie," Draco spoke, wiping the tears on Marigold's cheek off. "We promise it won't happen again."

"Oh, you must be her parents." Both of them were startled by the voice behind them and as they turned around, they saw an old woman, who was about in her 40s, smiling at them. 

"You must be the shop owner." Y/n uttered. "We're so sorry for the disturbance. But we are thankful that you took care of her. What can we do to repay you?"

"It's alright, dear. Seeing her with her parents is already good enough for me." She smiled.

"Oh, Ma'am, we must repay you for your kindness," Draco stated.

However, all Y/n could think now was that Marigold was safe and was in her arms, smiling at her whilst embracing her.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

🎄Merry Christmas, dear Readers!🎄