𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈 || 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐲

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Oh, you're here, please do come inside," Draco exclaimed in delight as he opened the door widely and gestured his hands inside, letting them in. "And why are you all in black? Did someone die?"

This made Y/n chuckle and placed Marigold down to help her take the black coat off.

"No one died, Draco." She told. Her eyes gazed softly at his greyish-blue ones. "I just didn't want us to end up in the Daily Prophet."

"Daily Prophet?"

"I don't want them to see me and Marigold coming into your house. I do not want any mess or any stares around my family, Draco. I hope you do understand."

Indeed, Draco understood her. He knew she hated being in a mess that would involve her family. That is why he protected her from any media whenever there was a mess around his family, a mess, such as their alliance with the Dark Lord. He wouldn't let anyone look down on her. However, now...he has to protect two — her and his daughter. Yes, Draco and Y/n have broken up, but Draco still has this feeling that he still needs to protect her from all causes. Maybe because she's the mother of their child, or perhaps maybe not? No one could truly know what Draco was thinking and even himself.

"You need not worry, dar— Y/n." He assured, almost calling her darling like he used to, but she didn't seem to notice that he almost made a mistake. "No journalist would come here unless someone started a rumour. So it'll be fine if Lottie could wear any colour of coat she wanted. Isn't that right, Lottie?" He gazed down, smiling at his child, who gleefully nodded at her father's statement.

"You do know that what you just said is not assuring." She furrowed her brows.

"Pardon?"

"What if someone saw the two of us entering your house? That would make a scandal in your family and mine, especially when you've already announced that you are to be married."

"But you are to be married too."

"Yes, but we kept it away from anyo-"

But their heated conversation was cut off when a house-elf named Noralf came, dressed in a big old ripped shirt.

The Malfoy manor has indeed a lot of house elves and they quite serve the family well. Although, they were always abused by the man of the house, Mr Malfoy, whenever mistakes happen upon serving him. There was one time when Y/n almost freed a house-elf, who is only new and thought Y/n lived there, during her visit in their 5th year by giving the elf her pair of gloves, for she noticed that the elf was freezing cold. Though Draco stopped her to save her from getting scolded by his father, and Y/n couldn't help but feel pity towards the elf, who was cleaning the hearth in the living room.