𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈 || 𝐀𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭

A/N: This chapter is inspired by 'Flipped' & 'Gilmore Girls'<3

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Draco couldn't quite settle his nerves, knowing that if someone won the bid for her basket, they would have lunch with her. He finds it ridiculous but he's also thinking of the purpose of this auction — for the orphans to enjoy Christmas like any other children. But what if...

"Are you ready, Dray?" Y/n came downstairs with Marigold's coat in her arms.

"Yeah." He smiled as he grabbed the picnic basket from the table near the door. He wasn't actually ready.

"But where's Marigold?" She asked, looking around the main hallway.

Then there Marigold appeared from the living room, with a smile on her face. It's like she had done something malicious, but no, she was never a child doing something malicious. Y/n had taught her well. Maybe it wasn't malicious. Maybe it's something that she should know. But she just brushed this thought off, thinking that it was just a child thing — smiling around like something just happened.

"I'm here, Mommy." She giggled as she hurriedly approached them.

"We best be going." Y/n helped their little girl put on her coat. "It's better to be early than late, isn't it?"

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Lucky they were, the snow started to fall after they arrived at the venue. It was only a 10-minute walk away from the cottage. The venue was the village hall of the village, where everyone usually takes their village meetings. It was an old building, built in 1927, and it used to be a wealthy wizard's holiday house but he willingly gave it to the villagers before he died. He was considered a kind old man in those years until now. A very influential wizard, who had made lots of charity for the needy. He was one of the many reasons why the village has kept charity as part of their village tradition.

Draco and Marigold took a seat in the second row whilst Y/n was speaking to the Head of the Village, Mrs Ahn. Draco couldn't stop thinking about the thought of someone bidding higher than him. And yes — he planned on bidding for her basket. But no one here would do that, wouldn't it? No one would bid for her picnic basket higher than him.

"Why do you look so tense, Daddy?" The child laughed, sounding like his father when he was still young. It did startle him but a certain part of him was proud.

"It's nothing, Lottie." He smiled down at his child. "Daddy just misses your mommy."

"But Mommy is only over there." She pointed at her mother on the stage, speaking to Mrs Ahn.

"Otherwise, I still miss her."

"Daddy, you're silly." The little girl giggled. He never expected his own child to mock him.