𝐕𝐈𝐈 || 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Y/n had gotten an invite to have a stroll around the park with Michael. He stated that Marigold might want to go take a stroll around the park, especially since he is well aware that the little girl loves to go for walks in the park. He knows that Marigold has been wanting to feed the ducks by the lake and pick flowers from the bushes and give it to her mother.

"Uncle Michael!" Marigold let go of her mother's hand and ran towards Michael, spreading her arms like a bird, who is ready to fly.

"Hello, Goldie." He effused, spreading his arms and kneeling down as Marigold gave him an embrace.

Y/n had just only closed the door to their house and is now walking her way to the two with a smile on her lips.

"Marigold, how many times do I have to tell you that you should not run fast like that? You might trip over." Y/n exclaimed as she walked towards her daughter and Michael.

"You need not worry," Michael assured. "Marigold is a brave young girl." He said as he carried Marigold. "Where's Hermione, by the way?"

Hermione was invited too to the afternoon stroll, Luna too, although, Luna couldn't because she felt nauseous today, for she's carrying her and Neville's child inside her womb. Y/n hoped that Luna could get better soon. She knows how Luna feels and she had been there before when Marigold was still inside her womb.

"She said that she'll meet with us at the Park. She still has something to do." Y/n replied.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The leaves swayed with the wind, creating rustling sounds that are calming to the ears of people, who wanted to find peace and quiet. Y/n are among those people. And sometimes — yes sometimes — it reminded her of Draco when they were spending their time in an open flowery field that Draco had found behind their Manor in the deep forest. She's the only person that he had taken there, but now, Y/n thinks that perhaps he had also taken his fiancé there too. The thought of it just hurts her like it crushed her heart into pieces.

Right now, Y/n and Michael were sitting on a bench nearby the lake whilst Marigold was feeding the ducks that were swimming around the lake.

Marigold laughed and smiled, Y/n always considered her as her ray of sunshine in the dark, for she's the only one, who made her heart flutter with joy like what Draco used to make her feel.

"Y/n."

"Yes?" Y/n turned her head to Michael.

"Do you still like him?" He asked.

But Y/n just pursed her lips and gazed back at her daughter with a slight sadness in her eyes. She knew who he was referring to, and she knew that answering his question will be difficult for her to reply.

"Does my answer still matters?" She said, which just made Michael sigh and gazed back too at Marigold.

Deep inside Michael's heart and mind, he wanted to take responsibility for them. He wanted to take care of them both, especially when he sees Marigold as his own, not just seeing her as his niece. In other words, Marigold is special to him.

Michael has this thought of wanting to ask her to marry him, but he was not brave enough to ask her so and just lets his anxiousness take over him and let him think that he will be rejected. Although, right now, he gathered up all his courage to ask her. He has been practising asking her inside his mind and telling her the reason why he wanted to marry her, and that is because he wanted to take responsibility for them.

Tell him he loves her? No. He wouldn't tell her that. He still needs more courage to tell her so, and maybe, yes maybe, the time will come for him that he'll tell her he loves her ever since he transferred on the day of their 5th year.

At that time, in their fifth year, he was kind of disappointed that Y/n was with Draco, his cousin, but now, she wasn't his anymore. So, he thought that maybe this is the chance for him.

"Y/n, I-"

"Y/n, Michael!" Hermione called, waving and smiling at them.

Y/n returned a smile at her friend and then turned back her eyes to Michael, who felt a bit disappointed.

"What are you going to say, Michael?" She asked.

"Oh, I— It's nothing. I kind of forgot." He just chuckled nervously.

"Are you sure? You seem to be anxious about something?"

"No, no, no, I'm truly alright. You need not worry. I'll tell you when I remembered." Of course, that was a lie. He just needs to gather up his courage again and ask her what he wanted to say.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

It was indeed a beautiful day to take an afternoon walk at the park and the couple, Draco and Astoria, have taken this opportunity to stroll around the park and get some rest from all of the preparation that has kept their hands busy and that has kept them apart.

This day was a good opportunity for them to spend their time with each other.

Whilst they were both walking under the branches of every tree that had lined up from the corners of the pathway, Draco had spotted someone across the lake. Someone perhaps that made him stop from his pace.

He saw her. The person he had once loved.

Y/n.

He saw her with a man next to her on the bench whilst Hermione and her ward, who he still doesn't know her name, were feeding the ducks on the lake.

Y/n was laughing, smiling, and looking at Michael like Michael was the only man who could make her happy in the world or like somehow they are dating.

It broke him, yes. It broke his heart just by looking at her with another man that is not him. But he knew that right now, he shouldn't feel this way. He thought that maybe he still cared for her.

She used to look at him that way. He used to make her laugh, make her smile, and look at her that way. But all that vanished when the last look that she gave him was the brokenness that he had caused on that month of June 1998.

"Draco, dear, are you alright?" Worry was laced in Astoria's voice.

Draco flickered his eyes and gazed back at his fiance, who was holding his arm.

"Ye...yes..." He stammered, clearing his throat. "I was just mesmerized by the ducks swimming on the lake."

"Mesmerized by the ducks?" Astoria chuckled. "You must be really tired of all the preparation. This rest must be really in need. Why don't we take a few days off from all the preparation."

"If that's what my bride wants, then shall be it." He smiled.