Chapter 37- Demise.

The same week.

Red spent the week ignoring calls, neither fixing the issue herself nor allowing anyone else to fix it for her. Red spent her week being ripped apart between pride and fear of what was to come. They finished their exams, and surprisingly, Red managed to turn up to every single one aside from the final one this week.

Layla spent the week worrying over Red, not knowing how she'd be able to get her to loosen up and just accept the help she's getting from them all. She's gotten money out of her savings ready for when it happens. She's fantasised about finding Az and giving him the money herself and begging him to just let Red have a one-off.

Nick spent the week arguing with his parents about the situation, his parents never had a liking for Red, they always saw her as trouble and they sure as hell weren't going to offer help now out of all times they could've. Red has never told Nick all the details, he's observed it himself, she would say she tripped, but Nick wasn't an idiot, no one trips and results with a black and blue face, especially Red.

Elle spent the week worrying over whether Nick liked her enough. They hadn't spoken much and every time they would, it would be over how he's trying to help Red overcome this entire nightmare she's gotten herself into. And so, Elle spent the week with Amy, speaking of nonsense, trying to make something of the nothing.

Az spent his week in flames. Constantly trying to fend for his younger siblings has always been all he's worried about. His dad passed away when he turned ten, and then his mum left him when he hit eighteen to 'find herself' which just meant that she wanted to get a few more fucks in before her time comes around too. But she left him to care for his two younger siblings who have only just started year seven and year eight, he knows how far he would go for them to have food on the table and a roof over their heads every night. After all, it's the drugs that have kept them all together this long instead of being separated into foster homes.

And nothing solves things for these teenagers, but drinking and getting completely blacked out is all they see as a solution to their problems.

So, as Saturday rolls around they all come out of their hives to put on a brave face and drink or drug it away until things seem somewhat alright to them.

An early summer gaff, or party whatever you like to call it comes around at the end of the academic year, as it always does, of course, they all hear of it, and they all end up going, no matter sadness, fear or whichever form of human conditioned feelings they feel, they attend.

You get me so high- The Neighbourhood

Red finds herself sitting on a wide marbled sink, with a cigarette pressed between her lips and a vodka and coke swishing around in a cup in her other hand, she sucks the cigarette long, not breathing out as she chugs the cup of vodka as if it's just a plain cup of water, no expression or flinch across her face.

Red's had a lingering feeling within her since she woke up this morning that something was going to happen, she'd been in hiding in her house for a week with no results of a sudden miracle for money, so she figured if Az was gonna do something about it he would've done so already.

She drags the cigarette to slow her thoughts, and as she does so, the clinking of heels nears before the door is swung open and Red jumps out of the suddenness of it all.

Elle jumps at the sight of Red so unexpectedly just sitting there, and Red holds a long stare at her in remembrance of the awkward event that occurred a few nights ago.

"Can you leave? I need a wee." Elle bluntly speaks, slightly huffing away in annoyance at the sight of Red, her perception of Red consists of hatred since she sees her as an ungrateful person as her best friend and her boyfriend have been in whirlpools of stress the entire week over someone who's just so pathetically sat here instead of answering a simple call.