Chapter 4- Truth

Tuesday..

Red throws her bag to the floor before she does the same with herself onto the lab chair.

"You gonna tell me what you were doing in that room on Sunday morning?" A piece of paper reads that was placed in front of Red's seat.

Red reads it, reaches out and grabs it before crumbling it's up and throwing it into the bin, getting it in.

"You do realise i'm right here?" Layla speaks out of annoyance, why is Red avoiding this question so much, usually Red has way too much to say, but it's Tuesday and Red hasn't spoken much until she has to.

"I do, actually." Red turns to face Layla, her voice coming out rough.

"Okay.. then how about you stop adding all this suspense and just fill my curiosity of why the hell i woke up to the sight of you?" Layla's voice gets louder as she gets more frustrated.

"If i tell you, will you promise me to just shut the fuck up and stop mithering me about it." Red whispers loudly.

"Yes!" Layla screams out of surprise, the whole class turning to her and knitting their eyebrows as if she's some weird creature. Red covers her face out of embarrassment of being seen next to Layla.

"Fuckin' hell, could you be any louder?" Red at that exact moment, felt like sinking into the floor and just disappearing.

"Layla, i see you know the answer?" Mrs Closs (science teacher) assumes.

"Wha- what? no, no, i don't." Layla speaks quickly and nervously, the whole class muttering and chuckling at Layla.

"Well, i assumed that you're obnoxious scream of the word yes when i asked the class who knew the answer meant that you did, i guess i'm mistaken." Mrs Closs speaks firmly and clearly, turning away from Layla and to the rest of the class but pulls a face before doing so.

"Just pure coincidence, just coincidence.." Layla clenches her jaw as she awkwardly smiles before covering her face.

"Anyone else?" Mrs Closs questions, and soon after the class' attention is back on the teacher and away from the pair.

Red and Layla both awkwardly adjusts themselves in their seats, Red's leg bouncing up and down as she chews her pen, Layla with her legs crossed and her back straight.

"You just have to get everyone's attention, don't you?" Red speaks frustratingly, referring back to Saturday night. It's not like Red's saying it's Laylas fault because no matter how much Red hates Layla she would never think or say such a thing.

"Well, if you looked as hot as i do then maybe you'd understand." Layla speaks seriously, smiling confidently.

Red bites the inside of her cheek, not being able to bring herself to tell her, Yeah by the way i walked in on you nearly getting raped.

"So?" Layla waits for Red to say what she said she would, "I won't stop mithering you if-" She gets cut off.

"There was a guy who was getting lippy so i punched him, then i got tired and needed to sit down, that room was the first room i found. I didn't even know that was you in the bed." Red lies, staring directly into Layla's eyes.

"And the bloodshot eyes?"

"Hungover and high." Red doesn't stammer.

"Oh.." Laylas eyes meet Red's before, "Well that was boring." She turns away, not impressed.

Red sighs out of relief, "What did i say about you shutting up?" She snaps. "Oh, sorry." Layla deepens her sarcastic voice and puts her hands up as defence before actually shutting up.