Chapter 23- Kiss me.

The morning after at Layla's..

Layla wakes up to a cold and empty bed. Her throat has never been drier and her eyes are burning.

She somehow manages to crawl out of her bed, eyes glued shut and wobbly feet but still makes it to her bathroom as she lets out a groan, no thought in her mind besides the fact she's desperate for water.

She turns the tap on cold, cups her hands under the water, and splashes her face with the cool water, sighing before she grabs a cup from the side and starts drinking the water as she's leaning against the sink.

The cup meeting her lips brings back the feeling of Red's breath hitting her own lips, her heart drops, and her eyes spring open widely as she realises what exactly lead to this.

How close they were, how close Red was to her and how vulnerable she was, and just how much she wanted Red closer. Her heart drops again as her stomach flutters in fear. She meets her own eyes in the mirror reflection, staring at herself open-mouthed.

No, no, it can't be. She reassures herself, lying to herself as if it was a dream that she can just forget about in a few days.

"I'm listening.." She's reminded of Red's seductive tone at that moment, her stomach flips again but not in fear, in arousal at the thought. Remembering just how good it felt to even have Red's knee against her pussy, how much it turned her on.

Her mouth remains agape until she shakes her head, attempting to snap herself out of it but it's uncontrollable. Uncontrollable but it feels so good.

Layla cups her hands again and splashes her face once more but with more water this time before she lightly slaps herself, stop it.

When Layla finally manages to gather herself together before completely having a gay meltdown, she leaves her room, almost sneakily.

She makes it down the stairs until she hears Red's voice from the kitchen, "I'll set her a plate down, just in case she comes down." Layla hears cutlery being placed on the table as she deeply breathes, hoping, wishing, and begging that just maybe, Red has no memory of it. After all, Red was drinking for the first time in a while, so maybe, just maybe..

Layla pulls her hoodie sleeves down, realising it's Red's, and her heart drops again. What the fuck? What the actual fuck? Layla wonders to herself, losing it again. Maybe I just got cold. Yeah, that's it. Layla calms herself again, breathing once more before she gathers the courage to walk in.

She spots Red's tall figure in a white t-shirt and joggers, setting the plates down. Diana's eyes flick to her daughter as she flips a pancake, "Speaking of the devil!" Diana laughs at the coincidence of it all.

Red's heart skips a beat for a second, last night still replaying on her mind as she looks over her shoulder at the blonde-headed girl wearing her hoodie, she steals a quick glance before she rips her eyes away and walks over to the cutlery drawer to get something, anything.

Layla slowly and hesitantly walks towards her mum, feeling so out of place in her own kitchen. Her eyes are glued to the Red with her hand on the counter with a hair tie around her wrist as she acts busy.

Diana turns to her daughter, her eyes narrowing in confusion at Layla's agape expression. Diana tilts her head in the direction Layla's staring, she smiles to herself before, "So, how was last night?" She questions the pair who seem so awfully awkward which is out of place from what she's seen before.

Red tenses and Layla purses her lips, her eyes flicking to her mum. No reply from the pair, their eyes speaking it all.

"Bad?" Diana attempts a guess, the silence never louder when Red hesitantly replies, "Good." A tone of enthusiasm in her voice as she nears closer to Layla, who stares up at her doe-eyed. Brown meets green as Red picks a bowl up out of the cupboard, Layla's eyes flicking from eye to eye then her lips, and back to her eyes again, tracing a triangle on her face. Red smirks at the gesture, her eyes scanning Layla's body before she walks away, leaving Layla flustered.