Chapter 25- Crave.

The morning after at Layla's..

Red slightly opens her eyes to find Layla to her left, her head sat up against the pillow and her legs crossed as she scrolls through Instagram. Red's ache all over kicks in as well as her dry throat and headache, having not drunk properly in a while she's never felt more hungover.

"Go to sleep." Red's voice comes out raspy, catching Layla off guard who turns to her in a jumpy sort of way.

"Or maybe you should wake up." Layla replies, completely annoyed by how she actually just got scared by the very person she was so deep in thought about. Layla couldn't get last night out of her head, more importantly, the feelings she felt last night in every part of it. When they were so passionately kissing one another and with what happened to Red.

"Yeah?" Red groans, her eyes shutting fully again as she starts shuffling in the pillows for comfort. Layla feels a flutter in her stomach at her morning voice before she peels her eyes away from her phone and turns to the girl beside her.

Layla holds an attentive stare, "Yeah." She nervously replies, butterflies swarming her stomach by the look of Red beside her.

"Mhm." Red slightly groans again, pursing her lips that slowly unfold before she turns away from Layla.

Layla eventually manages to rip her eyes away from the curly-headed girl, she turns back to her phone, subtly squeezing her legs as she scrolls on Instagram until she's looking at her messages requests where she finds Keegan has sent a message that is now a week old.

She lets out a cackle when she reads the message, sending Red to jump awake before she digs Layla, "Ouch!" Layla painfully shouts, pushing Red away but catching her off guard and sending her falling off the bed, Red meets the floor with a loud bang.

"That's what you get, little bitch." Layla jokingly attacks, she attempts to not worry and play it off as if she meant to. Red angrily chuckles from the floor until she gets up and stares at Layla hard and long, "I'm gonna get back at you for that." Red hisses, attempting to maintain a strict tone when all she wants to do is sleep. And Layla takes a good look at the bruising on her face, fucking hell.

"That's the last thing you'll be worrying about once you've read this." Layla snorts, not being able to hold her laugh in as she clutches onto her stomach before she motions Red towards her.

Red squints her eyes out of curiosity and suspicion before she's on the bed and as Layla is turning her screen to Red, Red is grabbing the phone from behind, her hand overlapping on Layla's hand that she keeps still.

Red's fingers loosely intertwined with Layla's, grazing and brushing over Layla's fingers unconsciously. Red's eyes focused on the screen, her eyes flicking from line to line, her eyebrows start to narrow the further she reads as her grip on the phone and Layla gets tighter defensively.

Layla attempts to stay focused on the texts but every part of her own hand that Red is touching is burning and igniting in flames at the feel of her.

Keegan
Listen tell ur little gf that next time she gets big with me, she's got another thing coming. I thought about why u didn't want it off me now i clocked since ur gettin it off a dyke hahahah embarrassing

Red's nostrils are flaring in anger, her jaw clenches before she lets the phone go and she turns to Layla who is nonstop laughing, "You think this is funny?" Red frustratingly questions Layla, her mouth agape in fury.

Layla gulps, "A bit, yeah." She swallows before she's set off again. Red narrows her eyebrows at her, "You know how you said i would forget about getting back at you?" Red bites her lip as a smirk forms on her lips, she intimidatingly starts to nod her head slowly as Layla's own words come back to her. Red's eyebrows rising at the idea that just popped up in her head.