Chapter 27- You and I

The moon's smile turns into a frown in a flash when Layla is pulling away so suddenly and instantly, Red meets her gaze but being absolutely bewildered by her, she can't focus whatsoever.

"What are we doing?" Layla speaks, almost to herself as she questions, biting her bottom lip guiltily, her eyes flickering in fear.

Red's expression immediately alters, changing to a confused one, "What do you mean?" Red narrowing her eyebrows as she purses her lips shamefully, but still comforting Layla with her voice.

"This, all of this." Layla pulls away from Red completely as she walks to her bathroom in panic, her voice getting higher as her breaths get more rapid. Red flares her nostrils as she follows after her, "Layla, talk to me." Red attempts to touch her when Layla looks over her shoulder in fear, "Please don't." Layla begs as she hyperventilates.

Red's expression falls to a worried one, she remains frozen but her eyes following the panicking Layla. "This is all wrong, it's wrong." She exclaims, staring at Red hopelessly with her hand on her chest in attempts of regulating her breath.

Red worriedly eyes the girl who crouches to the floor with her head down as she attempts to breathe, panic arising and taking over every part of her body, this is all wrong, all of it is wrong.

"Red." Layla pants desperately before Red gets on her knees in front of her and lifts her face to meet her eye to eye, "You're okay, love. You're alright." Red's eyes flick from both of Layla's greens as she slowly caresses her cheek, Layla stares at the enticing Red who begins to take deep breaths to guide Layla.

Small tears trickle down Layla's face as she attempts to breathe, her breath hitching and struggling but Red slowly and comfortingly nods to her, "You're doing amazing." Red whispers, her eyes locked on Layla's, light brown on dark green.

Layla starts to regulate, breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth before Red pulls her intimately close to her, holding her head as she hugs her, her hand tracing down Layla's back.

"This isn't wrong, you've done nothing wrong. If it feels so right, why should it be wrong?" Red comfortingly and reassuringly whispers as she draws circles down Layla's back, Layla leans into her touch fearfully.

"I'm terrified." Layla sobs at the realisation that this is so much bigger than she thought it was this entire time, she pulls Red closer and Red tightens her grip on her as Layla nuzzles into her neck.

"So am I, but we're doing this together, you and I." Red reminds Layla and herself, the fear can't consume her if Red is also horrified of it all, but all she knows is that it feels euphoric.

Layla slowly pulls away, her arms also but her hands remaining attached to either side of Red's neck, green meets brown and instead of feeling fury, hate and disgust, she feels at peace looking into Red's eyes.

Red's eyes flick to Layla's lips, watching her soft and bright red lips slightly quiver as a smile of everything good overcomes the pair, how did wishing she didn't exist turn into wanting to be here with her, forever?

"You and I?" Layla questions, repeating Red's words to her as she fondly eyes her, the only light in the room being the moon light as it reflects off Layla's eyes.

Red's lip turns up as her eyes smile, "You and I." Red repeats, her voice soft for the first time.

Layla slowly nods, as she hesitatingly closes the gap between them when she attaches their lips and kisses Red so passionately and lovingly. The pair move slowly and in a synchronised manner, Layla carefully peeking her eyes open to make sure the miracle that is Red hasn't vanished. What Layla doesn't know, is that every time Layla shuts her eyes again, Red is doing the same, slightly peeling her eyes open just to witness her beauty for a second longer.