Chapter 24- Humiliated

Songs for this chapter:

Fade into you- Mazzy Star
Family line- Conan Gray
Je te laisserai des mots- Patrick Watson
I Found- Amber Run
How to save a life- The Fray

Continuation.

In the midst of the pair attaching their lips again, enjoying each other's taste like no other, the sound of clicking heels nears closer as the rain comes to a stop.

Layla is brought back to reality, unhesitatingly pushing Red off of her to see a sight of a Red with dark hungry eyes staring back at her, wanting more. Her lips are bright red, as she bites the inside of her cheek in confusion at the act.

Layla turns away, shame consuming her before she shakes her head in an attempt to straighten her hair out as she pulls her dress down obsessively when Elle appears.

Elle's eyebrows narrow in confusion for a second but quickly relax in relief, her eyes flicking from Layla to Red whose eyes are fixated on Layla.

"There you are." Elle sighs, her heels clicking as she walks towards the pair, Red's eyes still on Layla, and Layla refuses to even look in her direction as she attempts to smile at Elle.

"Josh is looking for you." Elle informs Layla, as she purses her lips, eyeing the Red that remains intently staring at Layla. Red's jaw clenches at the mention of him, the same boy who Layla was dancing with.

Layla doesn't even glance at Red, she simply starts walking away with Elle by her side, Elle looks over her shoulder before they turn back to the house to find Red blankly staring at her, quiet anger behind her eyes.

Red wouldn't have done that, she would've stayed with Layla. I mean, you don't just confess something like that and start getting off for you to just fuck off.

And so, Red left in frustration, her head in complete knots, worse than it'd ever been. She lit a cigarette as she walked, the cool wind hitting her wet body. She didn't feel much, it was only an hour later when she made it home and she saw the lights on, her heart dropped. He's here.

She debated walking in or not, the fear of seeing her dad after a few weeks of peace. He left for a while, and he's been back for some weeks but she's managed to slip in and out for some stuff every now and then without having to talk to him.

But she decides to walk in, just after a few deep breaths she throws her cigarette to the floor before she slowly unlocks the door, shutting it carefully out of fear of a sound that will anger him.

She turns around, regretting ever doing so when she jumps at the sight of him, her father. The very man who makes her fear for her life.

"Where have you been?" He looks up at her in disgust as he questions her flushed features, she doesn't meet him eye to eye, fear consuming her.

"I don't know why you think it's acceptable to show up here, uncalled for and absolutely soaking wet, getting the whole floor wet so carelessly." He attacks, grimacing up at his daughter before him.

"I'm sorry, Dad." Red responds, gulping sadly and shamefully, feeling herself immediately crumble the minute she's before him.

"Don't call me that, you are nothing to me." He spits, a strong stench of killing alcohol in his breath, and his teeth look more rotten than the last time she saw him. She's been avoiding him very well, or so she thought, until now.

"Gabriel." The sound of a giddy woman comes from the living room, "Gabriel.." Another woman calls for him. Red flares her nostrils in disgust, before she feels a sudden slap across her face, "You have no say in who I bring and don't bring here." Her father harshly speaks to her. I didn't say anything.. Red feels the sting, her cheek going a bright red, brighter than before.