Chapter 26- The moon

Later..

Layla is in school. Full uniform and walking around like none of what happened actually happened. Denial.

Ever since what happened with her and Red in her bedroom, Red disappeared. It's the next day and she still hasn't heard from her, she's called her multiple times but absolutely nothing. Her location has been showing her in random places all over their town but Layla hasn't checked it since, she figures Red is giving her the silent treatment. Maybe Red regrets it all and maybe even now Layla is starting to regret everything.

Layla hasn't been certain about how she was feeling whatsoever ever since that night at Liam's when Red nearly kissed her.. and then she actually kissed her, and Layla lost herself the second their lips met. Layla doesn't know what to feel, or even how to feel it. Red is on a loop in her mind, and right now it's worry but later she knows it will be more, and that's what fucking terrifies her. The uncertainty of it all, the not knowing, the unknown that is Red. Red's sheer existence comforts Layla like nothing ever has, but comfort is becoming an attachment and the very thing she's clinging to is the cause of her uncertainty.

"Hey." Elle comes up from behind Layla, linking her arm with Layla's as she huffs out a breath of air. Layla slightly jumps before she turns to her and shoots her a subtle smile, "Hi." She flatly responds, turning away and attempting to draw herself back from her own conflicting thoughts.

Elle's eyebrows narrow in worry, "Are you okay?" She immediately questions just as Nick is hesitatingly walking up to the pair, he catches the pair off guard when he starts, "Have you seen Red?" He questions, concern in his tone as his eyes spring everywhere but they never land on the pair.

Layla meets his gaze, noticing his concern before she purses her lips and slowly shakes her head suspiciously. Layla has known that Nick and Red aren't as close with one another but not to the extent of him asking her where Red is, not when Layla had been thinking of asking him the same thing. If Nick doesn't know, then who does?

"Any idea where she is? I've not heard from her." Nick desperately asks again, his eyes finally meeting Layla's as Elle shoots him a glare for interrupting them. His only source of information is standing before him and even Layla doesn't know. Before Layla gets to respond, Elle slightly shakes and taps Layla's linked arm as she looks over Nick's shoulder, her eyes fixated behind him with a look of quiet annoyance, "Speaking of the devil." Elle mumbles.

The devil being Red whose eyes fall droopy and dead as she lazily walks, her body completely out of control as her chest heaves up and down. Nick looks over his shoulder, relief overcoming his face as he immediately makes his way to Red, "There you are!" He excitedly speaks, lightly punching her arm and Red slightly stumbles back, her face dull.

Layla's mouth falls agape as anger takes over, taking Elle by surprise when she aggressively pulls her arm away before she struts towards Red and drags her by her arm into the nearest empty classroom, leaving Elle and Nick staring at each other in utter confusion and silence.

Layla slams the door shut as Red leans back on a table, nearly collapsing. Layla turns to her, an angry expression painted across her face before she starts, "Red, what the fuck?" Layla immediately attacks her sudden and unexplained disappearance, her eyes shooting daggers at Red, who piercingly glares at her back, her eyes an inky black.

Red starts smugly chuckling as she pulls herself up and together, walking towards the door that Layla's stood still in front of, "Get off my dick, thanks." Red harshly spits, and the stench of alcohol on her is revolting.

Layla's face drops to one of complete confusion when she gets a smell of her, and it isn't sweet cigarettes but blazing alcohol, "Are you drunk?" Layla interrogates, her tone harsh before letting a disappointed sigh out, staring up at Red intently, requiring honesty, but black doesn't meet green. It doesn't even acknowledge it.