Chapter 5- Friends?

Everything was quiet, aside from a loud ringing in Red's ears. The unfamiliar boy beneath her was flickering and changing to one very familiar face to Red, her own father.

Red has been in fights many times in her life, it's just something that comes along with having a huge gob like her. But this one was different, it was personal, and the anger came from unhealed trauma.

As noise begins to return and the face turns back to the grim boy's features, Red hears Nick, "Red! Get off of him!" He shouts, attempting to pull her off the blue and bleeding boy.

Layla just stood, absolutely frozen, getting shivers down her spine, she didn't ask for this.  

Red beat him some more, i mean it was an unfair fight from the start, Ben is much shorter and skinnier than Red, he had no chance.

He was basically knocked out at this point when some teachers finally managed to push through the crowd. It took not one, not two, not three, but four teachers to pull Red off of him. Red was completely untouched, aside from her bleeding fists and the splutters of blood on her face as if she'd shot someone.

Layla's eyes are wide when staring at Red in fear, she's used to Red getting angry over small things, but she's never seen her this way. Red lifts her head up, her chest is heaving up and down breathlessly before her eyes meet Layla's, dark brown meeting green and locking right there.

Layla's lips quiver when a teacher shouts her and Nick to head to the Principals office. Red was dragged there by four teachers mean whilst, Layla and Nick had an awkward walk there together.

"What happened, who was that?" Nick questions Layla who has a look of guilt on her face, as if she knows something. She lightly shakes her head in response.

"What the fuck did you do!? You do realise how bad this is for Red, she's on her last warnings now, and clearly you don't give a fuck for starting that!" Nick shouts, angrily. Layla and Nick have never spoken to one another, well, let's say, they rarely speak unless Red and her cause a huge ruckus and he has to get involved.

Nick hears of Layla from Red, and has had to wait for Red after all the detentions she's gotten in the past because of Layla. So, his idea of Layla is quite biased since all he knows Layla for is getting Red in shit, although, he does realise that Red tends to get on peoples nerves sometimes. And as for Layla, she doesn't know much of Nick, but she's always sort of pitied him for having to deal with Red.

"Listen," Layla speaks lowly when they get to the Principals office and are stood outside of it, "I have no idea what has gotten into Red, you should be asking yourself that since you're supposed to be her best friend. Don't start pointing fingers at me and saying that i caused any of that because i sure as hell didn't, so shut the fuck up so i can get this done and over with." Layla whispers aggressively, if that's even possible before Nick purses his lips and shoots a glare at her, telling her to knock on the door.

Layla carefully knocks before, "Come in." They hear the Irish voice. "Fuck." Nick breathes before the door is pushed open by Layla. They see Red, already sat down, her bruised hands on the side of each of the arms of the chair as she's so low down the chair she might as well be off it. Her legs are spread and both are bouncing at an abnormal rate.

They both walk in, orderly, making their way to a chair, one at each side of Red since Red has decided to sit in the middle, when there's only three chairs in front of his table. Perfect.

Layla hesitates before sitting to Red's left, and Nick carefully sits down, looking smart when doing so.

"So, will one of you speak and explain, since Red is refusing to even look in my face." He speaks, so unaware of what is actually going on in Red's head at that exact moment, how she's reliving the moment of walking into that room, and watching it happen after all those nights of hearing it, and not being able to do anything.